Jambands.ca

Forums upgrade

bouche

10 hours ago, phorbesie said:

hey bouche, it doesn't seem possible to search anymore...  i always come up with "no matches" for any topics or posts i am trying to find.  is this temporary or has everything before the update been archived?  thanks!

What are you searching for?  It seems fine for me.

ok maybe it's me?  here are a few examples i can remember
Before you and Velvet each started a new Bluesfest topic i had searched for "Bluesfest" "RBC Bluesfest" "RBC" "Ottawa Bluesfest" etc because i was trying to find last year's Bluesfest thread so that i could see when they announced the lineup last year.  i got no matches.  i also tried "Lynyrd" in hopes of coming across the thread. i scrolled back through many pages and eventually found last year's thread.  (update, if i search right now, the 2 new Bluesfest threads do come up, but not the one from last year)

a couple days ago i tried searching for "st. paul broken bones"  "broken bones" etc because i remember you had posted about them last year, and i wanted to check it out.  i got no matches and then i also searched for "Jazzfest" and got no matches.

in the food forum i have tried a few searches that also returned no results.  i think i searched for "pork" and also for "sandwich"... no matches.

i guess i find i hard to believe that there are no threads at all with the word "Jazzfest" in them, and no threads with "sandwich" in the food forum. 

maybe i'm doing something wrong.

2 hours ago, phorbesie said:

ok maybe it's me?  here are a few examples i can remember
Before you and Velvet each started a new Bluesfest topic i had searched for "Bluesfest" "RBC Bluesfest" "RBC" "Ottawa Bluesfest" etc because i was trying to find last year's Bluesfest thread so that i could see when they announced the lineup last year.  i got no matches.  i also tried "Lynyrd" in hopes of coming across the thread. i scrolled back through many pages and eventually found last year's thread.  (update, if i search right now, the 2 new Bluesfest threads do come up, but not the one from last year)

hmph.  that's a frustrating scenario.  It isn't just happening to you.  I can't find those topics either.  Something must be all bunged up. The topics do exist.  

thanks for pointing it out. gonna have to solve this one.  can't have a forum without search now.

• bouche unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Still having the issue with when I click on the most recent page of the what are you listening to thread which opens no problem (pg.382) but when i want to look at the page before (pg.381) it just spins the loading sign at me. Firefox and Explorer.

Anyone else or is it just me?

2 hours ago, c-towns said:

Still having the issue with when I click on the most recent page of the what are you listening to thread which opens no problem (pg.382) but when i want to look at the page before (pg.381) it just spins the loading sign at me. Firefox and Explorer.

Anyone else or is it just me?

If you click on the prev page, and it doesn't list, try refreshing (ctrl-r).  What happens?

4 hours ago, c-towns said:

ctrl-r makes it work, buy vwhy?

I'm guessing that it has something to do with ajax scripts not completing for some reason.  Paging doesn't cause a real postback but refreshing will do a full postback.   I'll try and find out if there is a known problem with large threads.

• 3 weeks later...