Jambands.ca

How do YOU listen to music?

CyberHippie

Do you turn the lights down, create that special ambiance, lay down and fire the stero up?

Do you listen to music in the background while doing stuff?

Do you listen in the car?

Do you always have the headphones on?

--

I suppose I listen to music pretty much any way I can get it. But my favourite way is either live, or setting up my special music room with just the right lighting, and chilling out and really listening. Sometimes it's hard to find the time for this though.

i listen any way i can get it...

live is best, but my pets are never critical of my epileptic-like dance moves, so home can be much more esteem building!

i'll listen in the bath, i'll listen while driving, i'll listen while doing dishes (listening to tunes while doing something that i would rather not be doing is very soothing)... i don't often wear headphones, as i am somewhat paranoid when all exterior sounds are not audible to me...i'll only do that while falling asleep, in the dark and then it has to be the likes of the apocalypse now or bladerunner soundtracks

In my livingroom, lit entirely by candles and lava lamps, with a nice big glass of scotch or a cold glass of beer. Preferably in the company of good friends or cuddled up on the couch with a lover.

Other ways are: in my car doing the awful commute from Newmarket to Hamilton; in my bed when my CD alarm clock goes off; in the shower with a cold beer when I bring my CD alarm clock in there; at my client's site through my laptop when everyone goes home; in my home office through my computer when I need to be working; and anywhere else that I can find a source.

music enters my little universe in so many ways. but, the only way that really matters is when i'm working in my studio, seeing and moving and the music is louder than the constant noise in my brain and the rush of brilliant music quiets the noise and there is finally stillness for me to work amidst the very loud crash of sound around me

Archived