Jambands.ca

Shaker 2004 Bus details.

Esau

Here's a update.

First a correction.

The price I gave for the bus to the Spring shaker festival '04 $110.00 DOES NOT include the ticket price.My fault,my apologys to Farley on this one.

Ticket prices TBA.

Farley will have final pricing info by the end of next week.

So email Farley (Pat) at diverse@nbnet.nb.ca for his mailing address so when the final prices are announced you can send off your cheque or money order to him,first 54 get the first seats.

Mention Spring shaker in the email title please.

54 people are required for this to happen and if it does not happen your money will be refunded.

Spring Shaker Festival May 28-30 2004

Two stages this year also.

Confirmed bands:

Rasinhill

nero

GTB

Hiway Freeker

JSB

The Slip (two nights,may 28th & 29th)

more to come....

quote:

Originally posted by Sheikyerbouti:

i've been meaning to ask someone to explain the "bumps" to me....anyone?

Since topics are sorted in reverse order by the date/time of their latest post, sometimes people add an otherwise-empty reply to a topic to "bump" it up to the top of the list; this allows things like roll calls and notices to stay (reasonably) current without having to make another topic which would be a duplicate of the original.

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Originally posted by bradm:

quote:

Originally posted by Sheikyerbouti:

i've been meaning to ask someone to explain the "bumps" to me....anyone?

Since topics are sorted in reverse order by the date/time of their latest post, sometimes people add an otherwise-empty reply to a topic to "bump" it up to the top of the list; this allows things like roll calls and notices to stay (reasonably) current without having to make another topic which would be a duplicate of the original.

Aloha,

Brad

WRONG!! it means its time to break out the lines because this is gonna be one big pardy.

Here's the latest news on the Bus to the Shaker......

quote:

Originally posted by Farley:

Hello once again to all you Central folk:

Ok, this is the deal. When I called Greyhound to confirm pricing, they gave me a quote of $10 000 to charter a 54-seat bus return from TO. I was sort of dumbfounded by this, since they had given me a quote of $6 000 prior to the holidays. At $6 000, the price would have worked out to around $110/ head, return. At $10 000, it's over $185/head.

Greyhound offered no explanation for the exponential increase in their pricing.

As a result, I have called every bus company I could find listed, and the cheapest price I could get was $7429.50, which works out to $158/ head, return, for a 47-passenger coach, and this is without a stop in Ottawa.

My sincerest apologies for the original pricing quotes, the only explanation I can offer is that I was only telling you what Greyhound was telling me. I would also like to point out that this is still over a hundred dollars cheaper than regular bus fare- and regular bus fare is 24 hours long as opposed to 14, and would have a destination of Saint John, which is an hour away from the venue by car.

I will need to have received funds for all 47 seats by the last day of March to make the Shaker Bus a reality!

The advantages of the charter bus are obvious: you don't have to drive, you get dropped off right at the venue, and you ride in comfort the whole way. I have received some preliminary emails asking about the Shaker bus, and to date this is the best I have to offer. I will be making a posting early next week which will also list ticket price for the Shaker.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and hope you are all having a kickass start to 2004!

Archived