Jambands.ca

ANTIBALAS April 4th --- HAMILTON --- WOW!!!!!

secondtube

as a fan of both the venues i believe that both capacities would be pretty similar, around 260-300 people, i am pretty sure that there has been over 200 at pepperjacks before, and in reality antibalas didnt draw much over 100 people at their last show at the underground, the only thing that the underground really has up on pepperjacks is a constant soundperson, and perhaps a better sound system, even that is debateable as i have seen some shows at the underground where the sound was pretty bad- the rheostatics for example. also i would think that sharon jones could draw as many people as antibalas if it was promoted well. i guess my point is size wise there probably is no band that one bar could have and the other couldnt, size wise i mean.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by ratski:

as a fan of both the venues i believe that both capacities would be pretty similar, around 260-300 people, i am pretty sure that there has been over 200 at pepperjacks before

Yep, there has been over 200 at one time at PJC,for Wassabi,but that was during the good weather where the patio was avaiable.But without that,if I recall right well I was working there the capacity isn't 300 folks without the patio(I could be wrong though).But I think the problenm was the stage size for Antibalas opposed to capicty issues.Both venues are great,but I wish there was a bit better sound system at PJC,but what can ya do when your business is primairly dining.

Looking forward to to show none the less.

Archived