Jambands.ca

Diesel Dog @ Elements London Feb 21 CANCELLED

ike

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by dieseldoug:

9 out of 10 thread problems and misunderstandings occur due to jokes and sarcasm. You CANNOT read the actual emotions of a human being without some sort of physical proxymity.

Shut up Doug you stupid bastard!

and see, now I do this: [Wink] so you all know I'm joking. [Razz]

Cheers Doug, great set last Friday BTW! Thanks again for letting me sit in, hopefully we'll do it again soon.

Peace,

Mr. M.

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

quote:

Originally posted by Canned Beats:

who are you siloet?

Obviously Siloet is one of the Cavern folk...haven't ya noticed all the annoying Cavern "spam" that gets spewed?

Yo, I'm just a good friend of a few dudes in the band. This board is set up to help big up canadian jam bands so thats what I'm doing... If you don't want to take my word for it that Cavern tears it up listen for your self and check out a show. PEACE! I not try to "spam" shit, just big up my boys! L8

where were you meggo?? you should've come out.

I think 8 people showed up tonight.

the show kicked my ass though. other than about 3 awkward stop/starts (hey i'm a discerning listener) the night was great.

the band's super tight, play great tunes, and they're all nice guys that have a blast playing an empty club.

siloet - batman trucker hat?

anyhow, this 3 day run at elements was great.

kinniestarr, singthatyellthatspell, and cavern...

all you suckers missed out bigtime. if people would've been in the bar the nights would have been among the more memorable(or not if that's your thing) in recent history.

would it have helped to have said last night that jager shots were 2 bucks? i hope not because they were.

and esau...you saw cavern when they were starting out. they're a whole lot better now. they're way better then when they were at the bar before...december.

give them another shot - they deserve it and so do you.

i've got to admit it's frustrating but what else can i do other than be frustrated.

With ALL due respect to the band and Siloet (I know very well what it's like trying to get people out to shows - believe me)...

Perhaps Siloet should focus more on getting the word on the street (posters, flyers) than online, at least on this site, where only a handful of people are from that area.

The internet is important in promotion, but when you're talking small-time shows, and you really want to help your friends, it's the one-to-one, phone calls, email send-out, (grunt work that sucks) etc...that makes the difference locally, ie. friends of friends coming out, and promotion directed in the right place (very hard with jammy music).

Just trying to help, don't sweat it, 8 people - been there - things will improve!

-Hux

hey CB i thought about coming down but i had quite a bit of wine here by myself, i didn't think it would be very wise of me to drive downtown. one disadvantage of living in the north. i have a bad habit of drinking too much and then having to stay here. ooops!

as far as the other nights, i've been so broke.. would have liked to check out kinnie star though. definitely will be making it down for the bus next weekend!

Hey Cavern folk, don't worry about a lack-lustre turn out. The last time Diesel Dog was at Elements we had the same 8-10 person crowd. It's a tough area to build a fan base, and the club just changed it's name etc. With Rob workin' the scene and all this thread hype, the next shows there should be happening!!Cheers.

dudes...im sure the Sadies playing down the street didnt help one bit...obviously, they're a pretty hyped up touring act, with good reason...no disrespect to your band, i've never seen you, but did have good intentions to check you out...truth be told, i didnt even make it to the Sadies...party with the work folk got in the way...at least you're interested in coming back to London after a poor turn-out...and im sure the rest of the londoners appreciate that as much as i do...hope to catch ya next time!

scott

Archived