Jambands.ca

US serviceman defects to Canada

paisley

yeah, I have some good friends in the Canadian services... great people

that story is about an American serviceman who is seeking asylum here to get out of the US war machine... just watched a show earlier on all the bullshit behind the "saving Private Lynch" propaganda... ridiculous stuff... amazing the lies that were flying at a point when war was looking expensive and like it would draw out for a really long time (funny how more troops have been killed since the end of the war than from the start up until it "ended")

I have no sympathy for this dude, though. He seems pretty fucking stupid. Let's recap some of his more ridiculous moments just for fun, shall we my little urchins?

1. Considered the army a free ride - "he liked the subsidized housing and groceries and, at the end of his service, the money for college." Oh, what do you mean, I might I have to go to war and kill someone? Surely, not in the army?

2. Despite being "horrified" right from the start of his basic training (which is a hint right there - see "basic training" is so called because it forms the basis of your training - which means it comes at the start!), it took him nearly two years (January 2001 - August 2002) to apply for conscientious objector status. Granted, the whole 9/11 thing didn't happen for nine months, but still - he was "horrified" at the start.

3. Oh... he volunteered for the army. Hey, I'm all for anyone deserting when you've been drafted - or even someone volunteered, but found a particular war (like this one) to be unjust. But it seems more like what he found to be morally unjust was the thought of killing someone... which is a deed which anyone who voluntarily signs up for the army must realize could possibly be a part of your job description.

I have to agree. That story is absolutely ridiculous, I mean the guy is a fucking BUDDHIST who volunteered for the Army because of the percs?

I can;t believe I'm saying this but I believe the army deserves to court martial him for his actions, which were akin to applying for a job at Philip Morris and then fleeing town because you discovered that they make cigarettes.

This guy's naivete and immaturity is why this gets filed under "Reasons why we should all fear an American Army of Lemmings"

We (Canada) should send the dumbass home.

All we need is for others to think they could do this and where would we be with the US goverment?

Perhaps he should have been more "conscientious" before he joined.You got to be a really dumbass to join the american military and not think you may have to kill.Come on.

Send him home to be judged by his fellow country men.

Archived