Jambands.ca

I've lost my voice

Cosmic ChrisC

I have a bad cold right now, and woke up this morning with no voice. If I try to talk, I sound like someone's who's been smoking 3 packs a day their whole life.

My boss isn't in the office today. I am though, and she asked me to call a bunch of clients. Ooops. Don't think I'll be able to, unless she wants me to scare them away.

Anyone have any tips on how to find my voice again? I've tried drinking a lot of liquids, taking cough drops, coughing really loudly which seems to bug my coworkers. Nothing works. Glad I'm not a professional singer right now.

I lost my voice a little over a year ago due to a chest cold.

I couldn't believe how impossible it was to make a sound. It was quite entertaining for everyone around me I think. In fact, I was involved in a radio broadcast when that happened, and was on the air with Dr.Hux and FreakByNight with the illness. Pretty comical stuff!

I think you just have to wait it out for a couple of days. Work on the cold...

Drink a bottle of Rye. That will loosen things up. I had strep a couple of years ago and after a 40 with my brother, it went away. It was either that or the hangover was ooo bad I didn't care about the cold.

Just don't do it at work. Actually that could be a lot of fun.

what you need to do is go to the chinese herb/drug store on Somerset St. Discribe your ailment to the "pharmacist". He will probably give you some ground up bees to make a tea with.I lost my voice for 9 weeks and this was the only thing that worked. Also it seems to work right after injested! Enjoy!

Archived