Jambands.ca

Toronto this weekend??

c-towns

If they want to get an early start on whatever they do, I believe Eric Fefferman, one of the guitar players from Caution Jam, is hosting the solo acoustic "Dancin' Bear Saturday Matinee" from 3pm to 7pm at the Silver Dollar - there may be special guests and it's free [Cool] (I'd suggest calling before venturing out to it though, just in case it's been preempted)

Unless it's been cancelled, eye says that the Australian Pink Floyd Show is at the Hummingbird Centre on Saturday, March 13th. It also says that tickets are $19.50 to 45.50. Twenty bucks isn't too outrageous.

Strangely enough, we had an Aussie Pink Floyd Show scheduled for The Comfort Zone in spring 2001 and it did get cancelled due to tour expenses I believe. I find it amazing these days how shows that just a few years ago were club calibre have now jumped to big expensive venues. Hopefully, I'll still find a lot of good club shows to go to, 'cause that's the intimacy I like.

If it's within your budget though, and it's not sold out, the Richie Havens show will probably be phenomenal. I saw him at The Zone back in spring 1999, with acoustic Caution Jam opening, and it was almost a religious experience. Plus I'm told that the acoustics at Hugh's Room are perfect.

Archived