Jambands.ca

PHIX cancelled; band got nabbed at border

zimmerman pt3

Band got denied for being imposters.

SIKE,

seriousely, Phix is going to be awesome. You won't believe your ears when they jam out Hood; it's like actually being at a Phish show, but better because... because... Well, I'm not sure why, I just get these free passes to post this trite campy crap to recruit y'all into the groove.

Boogie on [big Grin]

This has got to be the most annoying band I have ever seen on the board,aside from one other**cough cavern cough**.

Glad I get in free,there is no way I would support this band after seeing the pathetically aggressive tatics they use to promote shows.

Dam,if they are so great how come there is so much lies about the tickets sales,attendece at other shows and sketched out rumors coming on a daily basis?Not just on this board,I've been reading this type of crap on other boards as well and the reaction is about the same,people are getting turned off them before they even get to see them,I know I will be glad to see this show over as well.

I do know that promo is very important especially for a band that has never played up here,but these guys have taken it a bit far (IMHO).Proof of there not needing to be aggressive promo is bands like AGP,The Slip,Drums & Tuba etc,all bands that were once only heard of like Phix and hadn't played Ontario,but all of which did incredibly well and had very good attendence without the aggresive & slightly annoying promo (yes I realize I don't have to open the threads too).

As for it being just like a Phish show,that sounds like the Pink Floyd expirence promo and look how well that went over as well the show itself,which got the worst reviews I have read this year about any show.

Simply my thoughts and opinions of the situation,I hope its a good show(I seriously do),'cuz if not,I'll be giving just as aggressive reviews of the show everytime I even see the name posted.Get back what ya give.

My opinion anyway.

Please don't spread false rumours, especially in the topics. They are displayed on the main page, and some people my just not click on it and think it's true.

I gotta close this.

Also, Esau, I don't think Phix has anything to do with any of the posts you may be referring to here.

Archived