Jambands.ca

favorite lunch time cartoons...

gentlemonkey

and then latter era i think transformers was a big one. I remember watching it at school in the luch room, and it was interupted to show footage of the space shuttle (challenger?) taking off, and it exploded.. i was mad i didn't see the end of the show... oh to be young again.

"..to destroy the evil, forces of....

THE DECEPTACONS!!...."

Rocket Robin Hood has been on my brain for a couple of months. I can't get the song out of my head. I even learned on guitar.

rhood.jpg

"Come gather around me. Space travelers

surround me.

Hark now to the ballad of Rocket Robin Hood.

I may well confound you, astound you, spellbound you,

with heroes and villains, the bad and the good.

Watch now as our rockets race here from afar.

For now, with our Robin, we live on a star."

"Three. Two. One. Blast off!

Band of brothers, marching together.

Heads held high in all kinds of weather.

With fiery blasts, our roaring rockets rise,

beyond the Earth, beyond the skies!

At the sight of Robin, take your stand,

with the gallant leader of our band.

Send a joyous shout throughout the land!

For Rocket Robin Hood!"

*** Click me ***

(what an interesting style of music...enstills a victorious feeling)

The Flintstones was, of course, the most popular animated sitcom of all time (after The Simpsons). Although the characters were "borrowed" from Jackie Gleason's Honeymooners, The Flintstones took on a life of it's own, by satirizing modern living (as of the early '60s) through the use of Stone-age imagery. Fred, Wilma, Barney, Betty, Pebbles, Bam-Bam, Dino, Mr. Slate, Hoppy, Joe Rockhead, and all of Bedrock's citizens will forever live in our memories!

quote:

"HERCULES, HERO OF ANCIENT GLORY..."

The Mighty Hercules premiered in syndication in September of 1963. It was An Adventure Cartoons Production, produced in association with Trans-Lux (the distributors of both the Speed Racer cartoons and the '60s Felix The Cat cartoons. Gaining superhuman strength from a magic ring, Hercules protects the Learian Valley from evil with the help of his beautiful girl friend Helena, a centaur named Newton (who says everything twice), and a little mute satyr named Tewt. Chief among Herc's enemies is the evil wizard Daedalius. Other foes include the Sea Witch and the Mask of Vulcan.

quote:

A group of teenagers and their dog make up Mystery, Inc. Cruising the nation in their van, the rag-tag company tries to make ends meet by solving mysteries. They also like to run from various ghosts and monsters with a groovy song playing in the background.

Shaggy and Scooby Doo both enjoy a "scooby snack"....the ingredients of this interesting food is unknown..some think they are harmless doggy treats while others believe them to be strong hallucinogens (that's why Scooby and Shaggy are always the first to see the monsters!)

There have been suggestions that Shaggy was heavy into the drug scene..but these are only rumors. No one knows for sure. The character of Shaggy made it all the way through to the end of the Scooby Doo series. And without much change! He kept the goatee, the bell bottoms, and even the groovy green shirt.

Fred(dy) Jones: the leader of the gang. Freddy always had something to say, but was rarely humorous. Definitely the straight man of the group. He and Velma seemed to be the only ones that knew what was going on. His famous monster traps were ingenious, yet almost always backfired. Freddy split the gang up to look for mysteries, but always seemed to split it up where he and Daphne could be alone.....hmmm....

Dangerprone Daphne. A woman of few words. Mostly, she just stood around and looked pretty...

Scrappy Doo. The annoying little nephew of Scooby Doo. I guess Scrappy's parents couldn't handle him anymore, so they boxed him up, put him on a train, and had them throw him off to be taken care of by Scooby Doo. He was the ruin of Scooby Doo...

HERC ! HERC !! The Cisillius Serpent, herc, the Cicillius serrrpent!

ya, it was pretty sexy when hercules would throw willamine over his shoulder and run off with her kicking and screeching -- you just knew they were off to make some sweeet sweet love. wink.gif" border="0

but g-force was my favourite

mark and princess...

well spiderman too! my favourite villan in spiderman was the rhino guy who use to bash spidey with his head! cool

Oh god Bouchard! In your mind, all women have MAJOR penis envy. It gives you an excuse to strut around with your hands on your hips saying "Yup. That's right. I've got a dick!"

At least women don't watch a man with a bulge walk by and say "mmm...penis" like men do when they see some chick with honkers and a tight shirt. We women have our dignity! We don't need...or even want...a penis! So screw you guys AND your penises!!!

Oh god....I guess I sound a little defensive here, eh? Maybe I DO have penis envy...

If I had an Oscar Meyer weiner,

Then everyone would be in love with me!

(except maybe Andre...but you never know!)

we played it in the school yard - i was zoltar - no princess for me - zoltar turned out to be a woman anyway, that was cool.

we played batman too in kindergarten and i was catwoman. i like playing villans with capes

André, was that penis envy thing directed towards me? where did you get that from? the hercules, the gforce or the spiderman? i can see how you might see perhaps a bondage fetish, but i don't know where you'd pull out a penis envy from the post.

is sally right? did you just wanted to remind us all that you have one? wink.gif" border="0 hmmm or maybe.... perhaps I am not the one with the penis envy? ha ha

I got it all from:

The Cisillius Serpent, herc, the Cicillius serrrpent!

ya, it was pretty sexy when hercules would throw willamine over his shoulder and run off with her kicking and screeching -- you just knew they were off to make some sweeet sweet love.

but g-force was my favourite

the rhino guy who use to bash spidey with his head! cool

you bouchards are kinda kooky

which reminds me of my favourite flintstones episode when freds uncle dies and they have to stay in his castle over night to claim the inheritance. His uncle was a bit of a Kook too.

(was the uncles name giggles?)

and ofcourse i loved the grusomes - we still call our family the grusomes sometimes.

Archived