Jambands.ca

We'er On The Eve Of Destruction

show---whore

I for one am so GLAD that Cretien has taken the stance that he has.

It's time for Canada to start to separate and become CANADA not America Jr. Time to start producing and supporting our own media, and everything else that we need. Time to be an independent country!

This could be a very important time for Canada.

"War

It ain't nothing but a heartbreaker

War

Friend only to the undertaker

Peace love and understanding

There must be some place for these things today

They say we must fight to keep our freedom

But Lord there's gotta be a better way

That's better than

War

War (good God y'all)

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing

Say it again

War

What is it good for

Absolutely nothing"

Pretty much sums up my thoughts. (but with less God)

I can understand that some of you may be a little afraid. But I'm quite confident that we have nothing to worry about north of the border. I am however a little more fearful of friends in the USA and England.

On a side note: Think Bush is actually playing right into the hands of Saddam. I was just thinking of the small possibility the Saddam has in fact been spending the last 12 years actually working up to this moment. From what our media has been portraying he certainly seems cocky and sure of himself that's for sure!

I hear you Hux. Ottawa ain't safe, especially the Parliment Buildings - they would be Ground Zero if terrorists decide to hit Canada. As you may know, I work just a stone's throw from the CBC headquarters ( plus, with me working for a major network doesn't comfort me ). 9/11 caused all kinds of stress for people at my work-place. I don't feel too safe at home on the corner of Bloor & Yonge in T.O. either.

Hey Cyber,

Saddam: rules his country with an iron fist; his citizens fear him; in Iraq, he does whatever he wants, when he wants; and his people must constantly praise him, it's not surprising he's cocky and feeling sure of himself. Plus the Yanks couldn't kill him the first time. I think he may feel immortal in some way, or at leat charmed.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

Saddam: rules his country with an iron fist; his citizens fear him; in Iraq, he does whatever he wants, when he wants; and his people must constantly praise him, it's not surprising he's cocky and feeling sure of himself. Plus the Yanks couldn't kill him the first time. I think he may feel immortal in some way, or at leat charmed.

True enough, you can't help but wonder if he's got an ace up his sleave though. For he certainly will cheat if he has a chance.

re: hamilton not worth bombing...

actually one of the first to go for the steel making capacity... in a war sense anyways... (personally more worried about world war 3 than I am about terrorists at the moment)

terrorist-wise, first things in the country to go will be either american consulates or embassies or (if we start to look like americans, or perhaps they start lumping all us honkies together like so many here lump together the different arab countries) the CN tower, toronto stock exchange, niagara falls...

good luck to all in iraq... funny world right now... nobody seems 'sure' what they're doing

quote:

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

True enough, you can't help but wonder if he's got an ace up his sleave though. For he certainly will cheat if he has a chance.

I was watching the cbc a month or so back and Saddam's son made a comment something like: "If the U.S. attacks us, we will make 9/11 look like a tea party."

That scares the bejeezus out of me. I don't know if it's just a threat or if they actually have something the Americans hadn't planned on.

Archived