Jambands.ca

What band would YOU like to see come to T.O??

shainhouse

I downloaded a Cousin Fungus show from Adam Foley's Daily Goods, and it sounded pretty good, very heavy and funky (with a rippin' version of Jeff Beck's "Scatterbrain"), so I woudn't mind seeing them in Ottawa (preferred) or Toronto (more difficult; I'd have to be in town for some other reason to get to the show); maybe a two-night run?

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks Shainhouse on the DSO factor.

I think they may be getting more and more expensive all the time. The first time I saw them, it was 10$ a ticket. That wasa couple of years ago. Now, tickets go for at least 18$ and many shows are over 20$.......

They are INCREDIBLE though. I cant even see other Dead cover bands now, these guys OWN it.

Give the Sanctuary some good notice if you get them, I would need at least a month to get my shit together for that road trip.

I would love to see Jupiter Coyote. Anyone who hasnt heard these guys yet should check them out. Also maybe something like Dickey Betts & Great Southern. I know they are playing mostly bars and smaller venues right now.

The Del McCoury Band

After checking them out at Oswego 99, last year at the Tralf in Buffalo, and their short but sweet set @ Down From The Mountain, I think the time has come for them to visit T.O. for a full show.

[big Grin]

Del's awesome! Great hair!!!

Oh, and Bill Frisell is a must-see, if he's an option within yer price range. Easily one of my favorite guitarists.

Yonder Mountain String Band

Tortoise

Vida Blue (too expensive probably)

The New Mastersounds

Yesterday's New Quintet

The Poets Of Rhythm

Herbaliser

Antibalas

Clarence Gatemouth Brown (more of a Silver Dollar Room thing though)

Don't live in Ontario but ill toss in my pick(s). I don't know how much they are or anything but Percy Hill might be a good fit in there, no? i would also second the Cousin Fungis and Antibalas picks! Also, any group playing around Col Bruce Hampton would blow the roof off of the place!! John Butler Trio would be cool too.