Jambands.ca

The Sanctuary's Best Pseudonyms

AdamH

Another piss-poor attempt by Kelly Anne makes me think fondly of some of my favorite fakers, in order of sheer creativity and excellence:

1. Jimmy A. Milbury, Esq - his literary cuisine will always reign supreme

2. GWB

3. Heady Epic

Who is your favorite and why?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about me? i know i'm new around here but i did manage to get things hopping with mt little soap on a rope joke. i promise bigger and better things in the future.

this place needs more of SATAN around hear and less whiny politically correct hippy canadian can't take a joke ness. time to lighten up people and embrace your new over lord SATAN

this place needs more of SATAN around hear and less whiny politically correct hippy canadian can't take a joke ness. time to lighten up people and embrace your new over lord SATAN

This guy is Definetley on the Robotussin...No worries man, your just "robotrippin" you'll be good in a couple hours....

Whether Gr8Ful is right or not about the robotripping, I just find it lame that a person would choose to make their opinions known about an issue through a pseudonym. If you have an opinion you want to express, have the courage to say it and own up to it.

Pseudonyms are fine for joking. If you have an opinion you want to express, however, posting it "anonymously" detracts completely from any force expressing it might otherwise have had.

I believe the clever colloquialism for what I'm trying to say is "Grow some guts."

I think that's what makes the good pseudonyms good though... They are hilarious, and don't try to get too opinionated... Although I disagree with Polkaroo's list and would probably put Kelly_Anne at the top of the "best of" list... That sh!t is too funny...

Paisley - almost as trippy and quirky as the Mandelbrot set that pours out of him

Waving in the Wind - he sure does accomodate

Gentlemonkey - he's gentle alright...but i get the creeping suspicion that he's very firm more often than not

cowboy - are really there any cattle in Toronto?

the Sloth - much quicker with the extra toes.

Guigsy - for a dude that goes to shows rather than plays gigs, he's a natural.

Anita Bonghit - i know you wish you were wittier. intent is worth more to me than action is most of the time.

Chewie - cause you're gracious enough to let Jaydawg to steal the avatar that rightfully belongs to you

Big Dick Cheney - the real brains of the operation

CatPhish - me-YOW! smiles all around.

Burtman - a real guitar hero

kung - cause that zero guy was even more stubborn than he was and i like the wishy washy hippy esthetic he has always tried to resist.

bokonon - long live the republic! makes me procrastinate getting out the map...

j-roc - only cause he JUST has more posts than me...and that he packs heat, biatch.

walter sobchak - cause his avatars always make him look slim

tungsten gruvsten - whatever a sten is, it makes me try to figure out how it's related to lovin...

Ya, you bum, I know. The difference is, however, you know exactly who I am under this name. If I created a fake identity on here you wouldn't know it was me and I could shoot my mouth off as much as I wanted without taking any ownership over what I said (unless, for instance, I created that pseudonym specifically to irritate you, but that's another story ;)).

Agreed, but really, only about six or seven people on here know who you really are, and that goes for lots of folks. Admittedly, it makes you dramatically less anonymous, as we could out you at any time, but really, to most people you're just as unaccountable as the fake identity people.

Although I like that use your own pic for your avatar.