Jambands.ca

Moses Mayes Hamilton show...

kc

sorry to hear that Esau, glad to hear you're doing the right thing for the health's sake though...

thanks for increasing my enthusiasm BradM

am up on the mountain but if anyone feels like having a swim and/or drinks beforehand, drop me a message and come by... will be sitting here workin

Paisley -- MM was tempting enough, now offers of a swim!!!

was SO hoping to make this show (because I also wanted to see more of HPD than I did at CTMF). Alas, we have promised the girls a day at Wonderland tomorrow and that's hell enough without being exhausted and hung-over.........

but here's a suggestion:

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

(can you hear me thumping my fists on the desk...?)

c'mon folks, take a page from the toddlers...with enough bugging and persistence, everyone eventually gives in...

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

Pool Party at Paisley's!

I am here, there is a pool... and I party

I apprecite a 'to the letter of the law' acknowledgement of what you have to offer Paisey

(StoneMtn - just what DOES that expression mean, d'ya know?)

now -- since tonight is out, please post a review of the show for me. As to when I'll get to see you in a too-tight Speedo-thong, let's plan the "Pool Party at Paisley's" SOON!!!

Hey Brad, how was the turnout lastnight? I really hate to see great bands get booked midweek and have shitty turnouts because of the midweek thing, so it's nice to hear when that doesn't happen.

The turnout was really good. I think there were more people in Mavericks before Kobayashi started than were there for Slowcoaster in May.

And the force field wasn't there. When Kobayashi started, the sax player said something like, "We need to feel the love, so could everybody take two steps forward and get up close?" and the dance floor (from the front of the stage back to about the poles) was full.

I have a feeling that a lot of them were there for Kobayashi, though; Kobayashi was featured in XPress last week, more people know them (being from Montreal instead of Winnipeg), and a bunch of them left at band break, which opened things up just enough to give everybody some breathing/dancing room.

All in all, it was a really good night, and Moses Mayes stomped us into dust.

Aloha,

Brad

"I think there were more people in Mavericks before Kobayashi started than were there for Slowcoaster in May."

That's not saying much. There werent too many people watching Slowcoaster from what I recall. It was basically 15 skancs and a few stragglers.

yeah -- that horn player, eh??

they weren't "Sharon Jones" but they were fun, and I am *beginning* to appreciate the turntables, though honestly, I thought some of the best stuff was when he left the stage to the rest of the musicians. Guess I still need to work on that 'appreciation'

they had the dance floor packed at the Gypsy, start to finish!

sooo bummed i missed this one as lmp and gator could attest.

on a side note:

''..Because for my birthday this chick decided to dump wine on the laptop.Now its a 2000 dollar paper-weight''

Do i smell a benefit??? Diesel Dog party in Ryan's Dad's backyard for shizzel!!!!