Jambands.ca

CODETALKERS - HAMPTON, HERRING, RODGERS - FRI AUG 5

briguy

HAHAHA! well i'm glad that you're keeping well, Del. here i am never having regular access to the internet, quickly checking the board...i'm glad you're still an asshole. somebody's gotta be and you're the only one that can actually do it well around here.

i'd hit up the vancouver updates if i actually got out to shows. i don't so much and to be honest, i don't miss it one bit. i live 4 blocks from the beach, just a bit more to beautiful stanley park, I can walk everywhere and have been enjoying working - finally!!

i just threw the post up as soon as i caught the not-so-rumour. thanks again for reminding me of how incredibly stupid and myopic i am and biting into what little self worth i'm trying to keep ahold of.

glad you haven't given yourself a hotfoot yet this week. glad to be keeping you cool.

Let me get this right, you don't miss shows?

Who says that?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i live 4 blocks from the beach, just a bit more to beautiful stanley park, I can walk everywhere and have been enjoying working - finally!!

glad you haven't given yourself a hotfoot yet this week. glad to be keeping you cool.

Oh, and Beats, I lived in BC for a year and a half... I know what it's like out there, as do many people on the board... Your not so hidden inuendos regarding how nice it is there are fairly moot... Keep hinting at how BC is though, I'm sure eventually someone will bite and ask you how you're doing out there, although I can assure you it won't be me...

insult?? pfft. you know you're a shit disturber. you highlighted my admiration of that generally resented quality.

you go from pointing out a mistake (which i'd expect from you) to actually attacking my character. sorry to make you insecure enough to actually lash out.

anyhow...timmyB - i say that. i've been out to my fair share of live music since i've been in town i guess. caught 2 nights of JSB, a bit of brick house, a Mr. Something Something show, and a bunch of jazzfest (frisell, snakecharmer, sekoya, sharon jones, the kenaskis experiment, gangbe brass band, mattias lupre group, zubot and dawson, glads of local schmoes that bored the hell out of me and a few acts i don't remember the names of...oh yeah and the stephen fisk trio...good times). so actually i was wrong when it gets put out again...i guess i HAVE been to see some shows, but it's not so much a focus for my entertainment. it's more secondary lately. i'm not as stoked to go out as much as i'm glad to treat myself.

I just wind up going out rather than making a point to hit shows.

i'm presuming the vancouver update suggestion was wholly sarcastic (no...del? sarcastic??) so you probably won't be getting any of those anytime soon.

if you're curious, post me up in a PT or email and i'll drop a line when i can.

(thanks for the heads up bri)

insult?? pfft. you know you're a shit disturber. you highlighted my admiration of that generally resented quality.

you go from pointing out a mistake (which i'd expect from you) to actually attacking my character. sorry to make you insecure enough to actually lash out.

anyhow...timmyB - i say that. i've been out to my fair share of live music since i've been in town i guess. caught 2 nights of JSB, a bit of brick house, a Mr. Something Something show, and a bunch of jazzfest (frisell, snakecharmer, sekoya, sharon jones, the kenaskis experiment, gangbe brass band, mattias lupre group, zubot and dawson, glads of local schmoes that bored the hell out of me and a few acts i don't remember the names of...oh yeah and the stephen fisk trio...good times). so actually i was wrong when it gets put out again...i guess i HAVE been to see some shows, but it's not so much a focus for my entertainment. it's more secondary lately. i'm not as stoked to go out as much as i'm glad to treat myself.

I just wind up going out rather than making a point to hit shows.

i'm presuming the vancouver update suggestion was wholly sarcastic (no...del? sarcastic??) so you probably won't be getting any of those anytime soon.

if you're curious, post me up in a PT or email and i'll drop a line when i can.

(thanks for the heads up bri)

Okay now that makes sense.

"Oh, and Beats, I lived in BC for a year and a half... I know what it's like out there, as do many people on the board... Your not so hidden inuendos regarding how nice it is there are fairly moot... Keep hinting at how BC is though, I'm sure eventually someone will bite and ask you how you're doing out there, although I can assure you it won't be me... "

what the fuck are you talking about? if i lived neat the water and a park in any city and could enjoy my time there i'd be writing about it. are you alright? i know it's monday and you're probably pissy that another week has begun and you're another day closer to dying, but i'm not. ami holding anyhting other than the lack of a massive heatwave over your head? no. did I allude to anybody not having come west before? i just mentioned that i live 4 bloocks from the beach and that i live close to stanley park. the first week i was here 5 people said to me 'everybody wishes they were here' but have i stated that rather than reiterated a quote? nope. i think you're in a better spot where you are. i just couldn't find work in 5 months in eastern ontario and I had an opportunity to move to vancouver. i'm not on some heady sojourn.

i don't know if you know, but this is my first time out here. i hadn't even been west of London Ontario a month ago and the most descriptive I've been is to use the word 'beautiful'.

i haven't even been out of the city. i'm not diluted in any way. still way green and loving my time out here. I just have other priorities in planning my time...like finding more PA work, finding time to spend alone and with friends, and strangely enough replying to this thread.

i figured that you of all people would have a sense of humour dude. you can dish it out...

Insecure? Are you being serious? I'm not the one who used to (and probably still does) send PMs to various people in Ottawa asking "What do people really think of me?" You called me an asshole... I'd call that an attack of character of me from you... I was simply pointing out my take on the situation...

No sarcasm there at all... Many of your posts have had a blatantly obvious message that BC has had better weather than Ontario... [color:purple]Thanks for the news flash! Guess what - WE KNOW! The point being - who cares? I will guarantee I've seen more good music in the last two weeks than you've seen since you've been there... And you know what? I survived the heat! My point is, nobody is going to get jealous that BC has been a little more temperate than Ontario... You can keep dropping hints that the weather is a little nicer there, but in the end, a good portion of this board has been to BC, and those who haven't still probably wouldn't trade what's been happening here for a 5 or 10 degree drop in the temerature...

I'm not trying to take away from your BC experience, I honestly believe everyone should live out west at least once in their life, but throwing in weather updates sure as hell isn't telling us anything... Why not use your posts to try to enlighten us about your experience instead of mentioning how great the weather is to TRY to seem somewhat elitist? You're failing miserably at making anyone jealous and at telling us what you've been up to...

i figured that you of all people would have a sense of humour dude. you can dish it out...

I have a great sense of humour, but weak sauce is weak sauce and I'm going to call it when I see it... Why can't you just tell us about your experiences, instead of posting your patheticly cryptic messages that you think are funny, yet no one else finds funny? A perfect example:

Enjoy it today: our colons get worse from here on in ;

that seems more 'fitting'. YOW!! happy *cough* birthday

What do you mean by fitting? Do you honestly find that funny? Why is it so hard for you to

a)give a normal response? (In the example above, would it be so hard to just say Happy Birthday, or say something that was actually funny?)

b)quit acting like you know everything? (See the post regarding JSB's tour out west to see what I mean)

or c)dial it down a notch?

Seriously. Think before you post, and maybe you can stop PMing people asking what everyone thinks of you... Seriously.

i live 4 blocks from the beach, just a bit more to beautiful stanley park, I can walk everywhere and have been enjoying working - finally!!

ahhhh, west Van... my favorite corner of Canada to live in so far... lived at Jervis and Davie for about 8 months a decade ago... the promised land when I was there... loved wasting away the day when possible sipping coffee and munching a pizza bagel down at Davie and Denman staring out over English Bay and watching the people go by

glad to hear it buddy... enjoy!

You should come back with Lazlo. You should stay at his place for the week.

No fuckin' way. Last time Del stayed over he wipped out his dick in his sleep and started flopping it around against his belly. It looked sort of like one of those giant mushrooms after it's been hit by the lawnmower. Not to mention the fact that I still can't get that greasy stain out of the carpet from where he slept. And on top of that about a month later the stain caught fire and my dog was lost in the tragedy.

No fuckin' way. Last time Del stayed over he wipped out his dick in his sleep and started flopping it around against his belly. It looked sort of like one of those giant mushrooms after it's been hit by the lawnmower. Not to mention the fact that I still can't get that greasy stain out of the carpet from where he slept. And on top of that about a month later the stain caught fire and my dog was lost in the tragedy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

This thread was a trainwreck till Lazlo saved it. Thank god for you Lazlo.