Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sens have 4 lines as well which is why they are in the Conference Finals. Last night's success was about the forecheck, drawing penalties and having outstanding special teams play, let alone all those pucks that Buffalo easily handed off to Ottawa players.

This series could be clearly defined at the end of game 2 but I highly doubt you are going to see the Sabres roll over in that one.

Thanks Booche. The four lines are nice... and it would be cool to keep them under the radar. Sure the top line did most of the damage in the first two rounds, but they really didn't need any more damage to win those series (an OT winner here, and a 4th goal there in the game two's would of been nice)... and those two teams were themselves 'one liners' (except Zach Parise had an impressive first playoff)... Just because the 3 lines focused on defence with the lead doesn't mean they can't turn around and play offensively... it's a faulty logic, and I hope Dean McCammond showed exactly what that means to the Sabres prognosicators last night.

But the one line of scarry good is pretty impressive for the Sens. Just the chemistry they have is far more sublime now then when they were first put together... which at that point was pretty freakin awesome. Heatley could of had 4 last night.

I'm sure you've seen this, but it's pretty funny. You have to go to the TSN page for the links:

http://tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columnists/james_duthie/

Emery: Half Goaltender, Half Zoolander

To see the TV version of this story, click here. The original Ray Emery song was written and produced by TSN's Lester McLean. You can listen to the entire song here. The lyrics are listed below.

Fashion Plate

(Ray Emery's Theme)

Goaltender...Zoolander

Backstopper for the Sens

Looking sharp they call me the Razor

I'm G.Q. like Mercedes Benz

Only been in the league for a little while

But I've made my mark with my sense style

I showed 'em this season what was up

And now we're chasing the cup

Pre-Chorus

Ya'll know that you're feeling me

Ya'll know that you like what you see

Looking crisp on and off of the ice is my fate

11 out of 10 is how I rate

Chorus

I'm a Fashion Plate (Ya'll know that I'm money)

I'm a Fashion Plate (Rico Sauve ain't got nothing on me)

I'm a Fashion Plate (I'm too sexy for myself)

I'm a Fashion Plate (I'm a fashion plate)

Rap

Let me break it down for ya'll, I ain't playin'

Snatching ladies hearts like a pucks in my glove

Look as fine in a suit as I do in my jersey

And by the way I wear number one

If you have to ask ya that's Chuvalo on my mask

I'm down with the science of looking sweet

But you best keep the peace and stay out my crease

My tendin's tight but I like a fight.

Hmmm. Quiet confidence. Feel about 1/10th as nervous as I did before game 1.

Go Sens!

"We knew it wasn't going to be easy. These guys won the Presidents' Trophy, and have been great at home all year," Senators forward Jason Spezza said. "But I think we had a quiet confidence in ourselves."

Proof that I have a direct influence on the Series. Hey Spezza... stop lurking and get an account here!

Wow. Big time advantage for the Sens by taking 2 in Buffalo to start the series! Doubt that many people would have predicted that with the record that the Sabres have had all year.

Seems like there are two totally different teams on the ice. Sens are dominating the special teams. This is what's doing it for them. Shutting down the PP of the President's Trophy winner?! Congratulations.

I missed game 2, but was able to catch the OT when I got home. Buffalo HAD the chance to win both games even though they were outplayed. Somehow championship teams are able to do that when it's needed. Sens HAVE to be feeling confident being up 2 games and having home ice advantage now. Let's see if they can keep it together.

blah blah blah ... nearly breaking his neck... blah blah blah

hitting is allowed in pro hockey

Yeah, whatever ... if that had been the other way around and somebody had nailed Alfie from behind in OT like that you'd be screaming. You gotta admit when a player does something nasty like that. There's no two ways about it, that would have been a 5 minute major and possible game misconduct in ANY other game this year. While Alfie deserves much credit for the Sens success in these two games, THAT WAS A DIRTY HIT AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED.

Back to the game ...

i was completely drunk for overtime and i don't remember the hit, but yeah, i'm totally biased towards the sens. i thought that was obvious. no need to get all worked up kev. there were plenty of calls missed, both for and against the sens, all season and all game long. such is the sport. don't know why you're worked up.

Buffalo has 39 Goals from 13 Players.

Ottawa has 40 Goals from 15 Players... in two less games.

Heatley is due to breakout... which is scary/stupid, cause he's already leading the playoffs in points... but, how many shots can he get in prime real estate without potting some more? And the Vermette line who has been playing soft (as well they should... no need to crank up the heat yet), looked poised to raise their level of play at the end of game two.

Go Sens!