Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

Wow ... now this series has turned into a joke :) That is to be taken as a compliment to the Sens, btw. For what was supposed to be such an amazing match-up with high-scoring top lines and kickass goaltending, it sure has been one sided.

Did the Sabres even show up last night? Was that their farm team or something? I'm starting to feel sorry for Miller just like I did for Luongo. When the only player who shows up is the goalie at a conference final game you gotta wonder wtf is going on with a team. Miller should pull a Roy and just tell them all to Fuck Off in the next game and pull himself out of net if they play the same way in front of him.

As was mentioned earlier, the reffing has swung to the side of hilarity. It's so consistently BAD that the players should start mocking them on the ice if they get the chance.

Is anyone here going to the next game? Being there, and if they win, would be a big historical moment for a Sens fan.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit that the Sens look incredible. They definately deserve to win the conference final. Fisher has been a force on the ice and I can't believe how physical the whole team has been. They are pusing the Sabres around. Good for them. I think the finals are going to be very exciting.

They are pusing the Sabres around. Good for them. I think the finals are going to be very exciting.

Yup, they are pusing them around as the Sabres are a playing like a bunch of pussy cats right now. Meow Sabres Meow.

Maybe the Sens will face a real challenge in the next round ... the Ducks!!!! Those guys are tough.

Alfie credits his skates - nice try, but that's just one piece of the puzzle. Maybe he's too modest.

"I'm a better player this year," he said flatly when asked about the difference in his 2007 springtime performance compared to last year.

As he cradled his blond 4-year-old son Hugo in his lap, Alfredsson traced his post-season explosion back to before Christmas when, while out of the lineup with a hip flexor injury, he borrowed teammate Chris Kelly's Bauer Vapor skates, found he liked them and ditched his beloved Bauer 8000 pair.

"I must have used 30 pairs of skates before Christmas," he said. "Changing skates has been huge for me. A big boost. I also never used to do the top lace up and now I do."

Armed with the new blades – who would think such small equipment changes could make such a big difference to a world-class player? – Alfredsson scored 19 of his 29 goals after the calendar flipped over to 2007.

"The second half I had was good for my confidence," he said. "I'm stronger on my skates. I feel like I have better balance and I can handle the puck better as well."

That was mostly for Kev and Hal, Whitey. You're actually one of the more standup Leaf fans around here this season. ;)

What? I'm not a standup kinda fan? Bummer :(

Only wagons I ride are Toronto and Montreal ... doesn't mean I can't enjoy stellar hockey by other teams too. I'm a big fan of western hockey. I just wish we could see more of it during the year (maybe i should pay for Centre Ice). San Jose and Anaheim have been killer teams all year long. Too bad that San Jose lost to Detroit ... grrrrr.

And hey, have I not being complimenting the Sens on their play in this round?????

You guys are the reason I hate the Senators. Conversely, your also the reason I dont mind them so much to win the cup. Figure that one out!

Also, Im sick of wagon jumping. Ive always hated the Red Wings, and aside from a couple of guys on the Ducks, I could care less about Anaheim too. Plus Im a big fan of Del, so if his team wins, it isnt the end of the world.

It seems that everyone (including myself) has forgotten that Hasek had the best numbers in the league before he got injured at the Olympics last year. It shouldn't be such a big surprise that he's dominating again.

Another name change Hal? How long were you Sabres fan - 4 or 5 days??

Actually, thanks Kev. The focus right now is the Sabres. One step and it's a big step.

I think they are going to run over Buffalo tonight. I think Murray has created a system which allows for plays and players to remian dormant in situations in order to utilize to situations when they really need them. Chris Neil refusing to hit being one of them.

This is maximized especially in a close out game where there will be no (slim) chance for the other to to inflict revenge once the catch them by surprise (bury them in the ice), and get the lead and psycological edge for the game. Translation... it's going to be a hit parade. And if they get a big enough lead: It's justice time.

No pre-game speech needed tonight from Murray... the guys know what to do... and they are going to get it done.

Edited by Guest