Jambands.ca

Question for Hamiltonians

M

yeah the water stuff is still at pier 4 as far as i know anyways, that tugboat rocked

how could i forget, ADVENTURE VILLAGE! its right on the beach by hutches there, they have a rock wall, mini putt, some other games for kids, its pretty fun, went putt putting last weekend

sh!t, I thought this was another 'Ask Hamilton a Question' series at first glance.

oops! Sorry about that! :D but i agree, those were great and should be brought back!

Edited by Guest

The monkeys ran right over the car at one point

ahh, marge, thats where all the fun is! and when they pee down the back window, thats good times... we used to laugh and laugh, until we almost peed ourselves! ahhhh, to be young and surrounded by monkeys...

I went to African Lion Safari as a kid as well and will never be back. Those animals were absolutely terrified of the zebra painted staff trucks and anyone in a zebra striped uniform. What must the staff be doing to the animals to make them so afraid of them? The animals seem fine with the visiting people.

Even as a kid the abuse was obvious to me.

I went to African Lion Safari as a kid as well and will never be back. Those animals were absolutely terrified of the zebra painted staff trucks and anyone in a zebra striped uniform. What must the staff be doing to the animals to make them so afraid of them? The animals seem fine with the visiting people.

Even as a kid the abuse was obvious to me.

I knew a girl who worked with the elephants and she was just full of love for them, couldn't shut up about them... if my dog wants to keep playing with the neighbourhood kids it runs away from me when I try to call it, maybe the same sort of thing? in any case, I doubt anyone working there 20 years ago is still on staff

i would second adventure village. putt putt, skeeball, gokarts and a quick walk over to hutchs for some fish and chips or an ice cream cone from the stoney creek dairy counter that's in the same building. plus you're right on the beach, just don't go ANYWHERE near the water.

the RBG kicks ass, and there are some cool places to hike near it....but i don't think flowers are that entertaining to 3 year olds.

if you want something on the free side of the scale, there's a huge playground equipment setup at gage park right by the childrens museum and the park is fun to explore, it's pretty big.

there's always the devil's punch bowl at night. it's that big lit up cross you may have seen on the top of the escarpment. it's technically in stoney creek near the top of the centennial pkwy access. but it's only cool for 15 minutes. you read the plaque, the graffitti and take in the kick ass view and you're done.

You could always take the kid for a stroll through the downtown core on a sunny afternoon. Not only will it horrify them so much they'll do anything you say for the rest of the day, it will teach the child a thing or two about the effects of crack cocaine addiction on mentally unstable welfare recipients and maybe how to avoid dog bites. The hobos well right up when a 3 year old gives them change and a cigarette butt, it's really sweet.

You should know that I myself have no children and am completely terrified of them.

maybe too young for the African Lion Safari? maybe not

Careful safari-ing... I went with my 2 and 4 year old nephews and they were freaking out. The monkeys ran right over the car at one point; it was super loud and we all screamed which made it even worse. I don't think the litte guy's ever been quite the same since :(

do not - repeat - do not drive your own vehicle through the monkey section of african lion safari. we went last week, and bypassed the monkeys. from the next trail, you can see in to the monkey area and see them riding 10 to a minivan (8 on the roof, one on the antenna, one on the back wiper)...what do they call that? schaudenfreuden? joy in the misery of others?

the monkeys are a bad scene unless you opt for the very unadorned safari bus. but having saidthat, what a cool place to take a kid. highly reccommended!