Jambands.ca

Team Canada

AD

* Goaltenders: Martin Brodeur, Montreal, Que.

* Roberto Luongo, Montreal, Que.

* Marty Turco, Sault Ste. Marie, Ont.

* Defencemen: Rob Blake, Simcoe, Ont.

* Adam Foote, Whitby, Ont.

* Ed Jovanovski Windsor, Ont.

* Scott Niedermayer, Cranbrook, B.C.

* Chris Pronger, Dryden, Ont.

* Wade Redden, Lloydminster, Sask.

* Robyn Regehr, Rosthern, Sask.

* Forwards: Todd Bertuzzi, Sudbury, Ont.

* Shane Doan, Halkirk, Alta.

* Kris Draper, Toronto, Ont.

* Simon Gagne, Ste-Foy, Que

* Dany Heatley, Calgary, Alta.

* Jarome Iginla, St. Albert, Alta.

* Vincent Lecavalier, Ile Bizard, Que.

* Rick Nash, Brampton, Ont.

* Brad Richards, Murray Harbour, P.E.I.

* Joe Sakic, Burnaby, B.C.

* Ryan Smyth, Banff, Alta.

* Martin St. Louis, Laval, Que.

* Joe Thornton, St. Thomas, Ont.

At least we've got 6 right handed shots on the team!!

Shoulda put Spezza and Staal in there. Should be an interesting tournament

AD

I like the team. Spezza and Staal will have their chances in future games and maybe even this one if an injury occurs.

You need role players such as Draper and Doan. You just can't take the top 13 forwards.

I sort of look at it this way. I agree Spezza and Staal deserve to be on the final roster but who do you take off? It's the price we pay for having so much talent in Canada.

I think Bertuzzi is this years Fleury. The Olympic staff might feel this will help Bertuzzi in the long run. I'm not saying it's the right thing to do but I can sort of see why it was done.

Plus when Bertuzzi is playing his game there are few power forwards that can match him and he has been playing a better as of late.

Spezza is awesome but this team has a lot of scoring. Its needs some grit as well.

Great team, no real complaints (other than Nash, whose health and play are questionable this year, but any other year he'd be a lock), totally agree on the need for Doan and Draper on this team.

But what were the months of scouting all about? The only guy that "played his way onto the team" is Turco. And don't try to tell me Bertuzzi did, because they've wanted him on the team since the World Cup.

It seems like it was a bit of a facade to make the young guns think they had a shot of making the team.

I personally like all of them, but do we really need all 3 of Draper, Doan and Smyth on this team?

Yes I think we do. I believe they will form the checking line and be assigned against the other teams #1 line. The good thing about these guys is they can play a solid defensive game and not get too many penalties. An added bonus is that they can score. We're going to have 3 high scoring line and a solid checking line.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

H00t! I'm sad I missed the game, but I'm glad that Canada won!

NOBODY around here seems to know or care about the World Junior Championships... to them I say "fuck cricket, fuck rugby, and fuck the Queen". ;)

Russia got shafted and the fans in Vancouver were a disgrace.

If the goal was disallowed, then they would have got shafted for one goal. However, it wasn't seen. They had plenty of time to regroup, but they folded up like a cheap suit. They acted like a bunch of babies that couldn't take the punishment. The Russians only outshot Canada 35-34.

Now, the Vancouver fans were disgraceful towards the the US kids and were an embarassment to Canada.

Not sure I agree. They count it, its 2-1 and momentum shifts. A quick second goal and the building shuts up and Canada loses control (maybe). Then it ends either way.

More so, if this happened to us there'd be serious hell to pay. People would be talking about it for years.

I dont think we've heard the end of it either.

Edited by Guest