Jambands.ca

Happy Anniversary Leafs Fans!

AD

Happy Anniversary!!!

This also marks the 80th year since the Senators have won the Cup (you know, back when they had no off-side, no icing, just introduced 3 periods and standardized nets, still couldn't forward pass, etc.) Then they folded a few years later.

note: The Cup winning Ottawa franchise has no ties to the modern-day Senators franchise, except for a certificate that was issued by the NHL with the new Senators franchise, proclaiming reinstatement to the league. However, banners honouring the original Senators' ten Stanley Cups hang from the rafters of Scotiabank Place.

So ...

Toronto Maple Leafs = 13 Stanley Cups

Ottawa Senators = 0 Stanley Cups

Edited by Guest

Why are you turning this into a Sens vs Leafs thread yet again? I was merely wishing all the fans of Nos Unglorieux a happy anniversary. They might want to watch the sport they love played on that anniversary, but unfortunately for them, the only teams playing tonight are the Sens, Devils, Red Wings and Sharks. The Sens are probably closest.

Ah what the hell, Leafs Suck!!! :):)

LOL ... that's where you are dreaming :) It's NOT the same franchise. There are plenty of examples of this in other cities who've been awarded an NHL franchise for the second time and don't consider any stats from the previous franchise as their own. Most, of course, did come up with a new name

Do the Minnesota Wild keep any banners from the North Star Days (who came from the Seals and Barons) up in their arena?

Do the Colorado Avalanche lay claim to stats from the Rockies in their history?

Do the Atlanta Thrashers maintain a tie/connection to the Atlanta Flames? No.

When the Forum in Montreal was built, it was built for the home for the Maroons (happily it became the Habs' very quickly). Did the Habs keep the Maroons Cup banners up??? Noooooo.

the avalanche are tied to the nordiques, not the rockies, and the atlanta flames are tied to calgary, not the current atlanta team. host cities are different than franchises. perhaps that's your point? i don't really follow. i'm hungry.

i don't know what you're talking about - i don't know what any of us are talking about.

but happy anniversary. to 40 more years!

This also marks the 80th year since the Senators have won the Cup (you know, back when they had no off-side, no icing, just introduced 3 periods and standardized nets, still couldn't forward pass, etc.) Then they folded a few years later.

You can't have it both ways. If there is no tie to the past franchise then this is only our 14th season without a cup.

And don't forgot the Leafs only ever won a cup when there were 6 teams in the league.

But then I'm repeating myself. But then so are you. ;)

Why are you turning this into a Sens vs Leafs thread yet again?

this is my favourite line in this thread. :D

ps: booche - hal's just saying sens fans are really cocky - but anyone who's lurked in this forum would aleady know that. ;)

The Leafs may have only won the cup with 6 teams in the league but think of the skill level that it was played at?

Now that is for sure going to get flamed but its a different time and a different game and I acknowledge that...

No Sens vs Leafs here for me, I hate the Sens but am cheering for them to pull it out because they look like OUR best hope as a Country...

The Leafs may have only won the cup with 6 teams in the league but think of the skill level that it was played at?

The ironic part of POG's statement is that the current Leafs team would probably lose to any of those teams even with equipment staying true to form.

today's players could dominate the players of the past. it's not a fair comparison at all though, why bring it up? equipment, facilities, training, full-time player status, etc etc etc....

The ironic part of POG's statement is that the current Leafs team would probably lose to any of those teams even with equipment staying true to form.

probally would be true to for the habs I guess.