Jambands.ca

Who wants to sell me their longboard?

YearsAlongTheSea

If not, I can understand. It may have sentimental value to you. Maybe you could recommend a good spot in Toronto to pick one up for cheap. And since you seem to be some kind of expert on longboards, you might drop your two- cents on what might be a good board in terms of bang for buck and for general diverse urban travel....

You rock...

Thank you in advance....

Hey Dude,

My buddy is the national sales rep for Sector 9 longboards and GS as well (Santa Cruz too, but not for 2 or 3 months)...I could arrange so that you could get one VERY cheap compaired to selling prices in stores...instead of over $300 + taxes it'd be around $200 no taxes...lemme know

Giggles :D:D:D

I would go with no board company will make a customized board for any joe schmo...EVER...if they do, you'll pay the bucks for it...go with whatever you want...just trying to help out...Sector 9 is THE longboard company afterall but hey...

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

does bigwave really do custom boards? (ie. to my specifications?) that's pretty cool. the GF might be interested...

you know Im not sure but I think so, I just know they make the boards individually. So it seems like every order is custom. I guess Ms Zimmy is the one to talk to.

not for nothing, but last checked I've been a "skank" longer than most and a Canadian my whole life...cool job though to be the actual person cutting, measuring and fabricating the boards...just wondering why they list their lengths on the website if every order is custom? The choice of trucks, wheels and barrings isn't a "customization"...

And now that I look at the "links" page of Bigwave boards, I see they are distrubuted by S&J...thats my buddies company so I'd be guessing that he'd be the sales rep for Bigwave too...he's never mentioned them, and with all honesty I've never heard of them and I've been longboarding for about 10yrs now...that being said, the construction and inspiration behind them seems great and they look real purdy too...I just can't comment on a board I've never been on before...

edit: I just talked with my buddy and I guess S&J doesn't deal with Bigwave amymore...probably why I've never heard of them...he deals all the longboards for them and has never seen one...they still seem like a good deck though...

Edited by Guest

not for nothing, but last checked I've been a "skank" longer than most and a Canadian my whole life...cool job though to be the actual person cutting, measuring and fabricating the boards...just wondering why they list their lengths on the website if every order is custom? The choice of trucks, wheels and barrings isn't a "customization"...

WHOA TIGER!! I thought that company was from Santa Cruz- i guess i misread that. I didnt know you were associated with them. I dont doubt they are the best ever, I was just spreading the word on bigwave as they are a new company, friends, and make some nice looking stuff. and yes. thats it.

Santa Cruz is from Santa Cruz and I'm not affiliated with them...Sector 9 is also American and also, I am not affiliated with them...I was trying to help someone out with a substantial savings...I'm not cutting up Bigwave, I've just never been on one and don't want to recommend a shit board (or anything for that matter) to someone when it's gonna be taking $300 or so dollars from their pocket...that being said; I don't think Bigwave is shit by any means...I really don't think anything of them other than their philosophy seems good and they look purdy...but if you've ever been on a longboard, looks and philosophy don't mean nothing...I'm just talking on the things I know...

Sorry for the swift jump up the asses...just trying to help

Sorry to interupt the deabate. I'm torn. Giggles, that's an awesome offer and I appreciate it. I'll take a look at what Sector 9 has and let you know what I think. I don't think one imported longboard is really going to ruin the economy... ;)

That being said, Ms_Zimmy, I didn't see any prices on your site, and if anyone has ridden a big wave board, I'd love to know what you think. :)

Thanks for all your help people. Let the debate on the true meaning of the longboard continue....

If you click on the option parts of the Bigwave boards you'll see their pricing...I think it ranges from about $240-$280CDN Good pricing...

Check out craigslist too...it seems they have some longboards as well...

Also, my friend who distributes the Sector 9, GFH, Santa Cruz and Gravity boards will be at the clothing show in Toronto this weekend with some complete decks from some of his companies and they will be very, very cheap as although they are new (never rode before), they are last years models...some might have a few blemish spots too I guess...

* I have NO opinion as to whom makes "the best" longboard...just that Sector 9 invented the things...

Longboards were invented as the first skateboards. The first boards that were ever made...inspired by surfing, looked like longboards. And it is Awesome.

We don't do many customs except for friends and family mostly. We are making a 7foot board for a dude in BC, the woods is ordered…that one is a little pricy…(we have an 84inch board, this guy found out and wants one).

Anyways, it would depend what you want. We use all hardwoods, not plywoods, we don’t use lots of graphics because the wood grain is so beautiful on its own (similar to Arbour boards…)

If you want some more info email us at contact@bigwavelongboards.com

What is expensive about longboards is the trucks and wheels. You are looking at about $140 for those alone (and bearings….), most boards go for about 230+tax so the markup isn’t that much.

We sell our boards for about that, and our wood is more expensive then ply. We’ve had a few orders, mostly for the 42†and man that board is so sweet.

The Goddess is great too...super flexy and so fast. It has a little kick tail which you can't see in the pic.

I have a lib tech, bought it at Hogtown on King St. Have had it for about 5 yrs and I ride it often. Think the whole package was about 240. Able to pick bearings and trucks too.

I might just look into Ms. Zimmy's place when I decide I need a new board.