Jambands.ca

No middle name

Velvet

Actually my problem was the name I was going by wasn't on my birth certificate.I had to go through the change of name legally to fix it.

I did and now I have a middle name also!!!

I never even knew this until I was 19 years old and applied for a birth certificate.

My grandmother had that problem, too - only she was 60-something when she found out that the name she had been called and had used her whole life wasn't her legal name. A bit of a surprise, for sure. I'm not sure how she went so long without finding out, but it had something to do with trying to get her birth certificate, or passport, or something like that. On top of that, two of her sisters also found out at the same time that *their* names also weren't legally what they thought they were. What a strange family...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

I have two middle names that tag along with my given name... Andrew is my given name, John is my Baptism name (after my Grandfather), and Mark is my name through Confirmation (after my Father).

To complicate matters my names are also translated into Polish in certain documents, so I need to explain to customs why I'm also called Andrzej Jan Marek from time to time...

Did I mention I was born in Montréal Québec? That means that my birth certificate has André-Jean on it...

WHO AM I???

I go by my middle name (Timothy Sean Taylor on my documents) and my brother is only James Taylor no middle.

Some weird Scottish tradition!?

Yes, actually. It's really common to go by your middle name in Scotland. Not sure why, but it's a definite pattern in my family - up until the last generation or so.