Jambands.ca

Fantasy Hockey 09 TRADE DEADLINE TODAY

Hal Johnson

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sergei Samsonov, professional hockey player on the Carolina Hurricanes, decided not to pick himself in a hockey pool last week.

The hockey pool involved 12 of his friends and required each participant to pick 25 players (300 players in total were chosen) for their team. Therefore, Samsonov had plenty of opportunities to pick himself, but chose not to.

Samsonov’s decision comes as no surprise as his performance over the last few years has been atrocious. “Why would I pick myself when I know that I’m going to do terrible this season,†said Samsonov. “I will probably start off very promising in the beginning of the season, but then eventually I will fall back into the over-rated player that I really am.â€

Sadly, other hockey pool participants were not so lucky in their decisions to pick Samsonov. “I picked him in the 9th round,†said Mike Cander, a 23 year old student from Calgary. “His name is ‘Sergei’ and he’s a Russian hockey player so I figured he must be good.†Mike, and thousands of other hockey poolies across Canada, can only hope that this year Sergei isn’t Samson-off. In other words, they better pray for a miracle that he doesn’t have another terrible season and spoil their chances for winning their pools. In other words, don’t pick Samsonov, unless you want to suck.

article_12718_2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...