Jambands.ca

Fantasy Hockey 09 TRADE DEADLINE TODAY

Hal Johnson

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POG lost a lot of points in that trade. If you look at the overall points going out and the points going in, its fair. At least that's how I looked at it.
you'd be giving up some points but Iginla is on a tear.

You guys realize that you don't "give up" or trade actual points in this league, right? You only get points for the period of time you own a player. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but that's how your comments read to me.

The Iginla trade looks suspect to me because Bush League Bastards has Brian Boucher as his only goaltender, has only used 4 games total at the G position (I don't know how this is even possible if you're managing your team), and obviously is not even attempting to compete.

Edit to add: And goaltender stats are crazy over-valued in this league.

Edited by Guest

POG lost a lot of points in that trade. If you look at the overall points going out and the points going in' date=' its fair. At least that's how I looked at it.[/quote']
you'd be giving up some points but Iginla is on a tear.

You guys realize that you don't "give up" or trade actual points in this league, right? You only get points for the period of time you own a player. Maybe I'm reading you wrong, but that's how your comments read to me.

The Iginla trade looks suspect to me because Bush League Bastards has Brian Boucher as his only goaltender, has only used 4 games total at the G position (I don't know how this is even possible if you're managing your team), and obviously is not even attempting to compete.

Edit to add: And goaltender stats are crazy over-valued in this league.

This is what I was getting at but was too tired to write it :)

Well, unfortunately there are no rules as to who can make trades.

I know no one is "giving up points", but POG gave up two guys who had got him 81 points thus far, and is only getting one guy back who had acheived 58. That, to me, is "giving up points."

POG also traded Koivu Lidstrom and Nabokov - are you kidding me?? Some would argue the trade has worked well for both. POG is left with a very suspect goalie though...

Which brings me to my next point - goalies are overrated in the league. But it was set out as such from the get go. You guys should have drafted with this in mind. POG gave away half his team and a good goalie for two superstars - that's his perogative. If anything, thats ballsy and I support it!

I feel sorry for none of you. There are others who are not "competing" toiling at the bottom of the league. Maybe you should spend less time complaining about it here, and sending them sweet nothings in private massages to get on their good sides. Honestly people!

;)

Which accentuates my point pefectly, thank you Dinghy....Dinghy is in 14th with 414 points. Im in 4th with 479. He has Auld as his goalie and I have Thomas. The difference between our two teams is not unlike the difference between Ottawa and Boston in real life.

I have concocted a flawless fantasy league here people, no sense in denying it.

;)

1. Stop crying, we are all grown men here.

2. I offered Iginla around the league before I let him go.

- Dingy had an offer I almost took accept he wanted Markov.

- Badams made an offer, it was garbage.

- Booche said he was going to make an offer and never did.

- Hal made an offer but it wasnt even for Iginla.

3. I have only had one goalie the whole time. Josh Harding. He has only played 3 games all season so far.

4. I picked up Boucher 4 days ago, and Im still looking for a goalie that actually plays.

5. I work 7 days a week, 2 jobs, one is full-time the other is partime. I have 3 very young children. When I have time to sit and manage my team I do, when I dont, its the furthest thing from my mind.

6. See #1

1. Stop crying, we are all grown men here.

2. I offered Iginla around the league before I let him go.

- Dingy had an offer I almost took accept he wanted Markov.

- Badams made an offer, it was garbage.

- Booche said he was going to make an offer and never did.

- Hal made an offer but it wasnt even for Iginla.

3. I have only had one goalie the whole time. Josh Harding. He has only played 3 games all season so far.

4. I picked up Boucher 4 days ago, and Im still looking for a goalie that actually plays.

5. I work 7 days a week, 2 jobs, one is full-time the other is partime. I have 3 very young children. When I have time to sit and manage my team I do, when I dont, its the furthest thing from my mind.

6. See #1

If you can't compete get out of the league. This league IS my life. I live for it day and night. Your lack of desire for it makes me sick!!!!

If you can't compete get out of the league. This league IS my life. I live for it day and night. Your lack of desire for it makes me sick!!!!

180px-Schnuller.JPG

I'm not crying over the trade at this point I just find it funny when people boast how busy they are in life. I'm glad you are... so am I... and on we go...