Jambands.ca

moe.down security?

PassedOutGuy

I saw them stalking and tackling people with my own eyes.

I'm sure that it would have been easier if they just used their arms and hands.

Who knows what this blogger is going on about. His perception is posted on a blog. It's quite possible that security was acting on tips. I'm not going to start shaking my fist over some guy's likely skewed perception.

Its not as bad as it sounds; the moe. security team was officially searching tents for non official after party flyers

I don't get it. It's reasonable to have tents/property searched while you're not there by non-police because some flyers pose a security threat?

This smells wayyyy too fishy.

Plug for his own event with Lauzon after moe. YA HOOKED ONE, DAMIAN! ;)

Yes infact this is true. They swept the area on Saturday afternoons moe. set. I did not know that they were looking for flyers however, I just assumed it was for nitrous. They didn't go into every tent, but when I saw them they hit at least 50%. We were sitting around camp and they didn't touch ours, or even look our way.

I should note that the sketch factor of moe.down was WAY down this year. The troopers on ATV's were shutting down tanks minutes after they started hissing, and by Sunday there was no nitrous present at all to my eyes.

And it should be said that the flyers being passed out at the fest made a way bigger mess than any nitrous tank ever did..... EOTO should be ashamed at the mess of flyers left all over the place promoting one of their shows.

Even Turwookistan was relatively under control....

As for the hardcore security last year (the ninjas)., they were not invited back from what we were told.

And finally the ticket tally was only 7200 this year, down nearly 3000 from last year.

BWM: you could have taken your kids and wife with you and had no problems at all. There were more children there than wooks!

Let's face it, NO2 suppliers are the easiest drug dealers to bust on tour. They're noisy, attract a crowd and leave a trail of colorful balloons wherever they go. There is no need to go through people's tents to get NO2 tanks, unless you're unwilling to pay for a security nightshift.

Let's face it, NO2 suppliers are the easiest drug dealers to bust on tour. They're noisy, attract a crowd and leave a trail of colorful balloons wherever they go. There is no need to go through people's tents to get NO2 tanks, unless you're unwilling to pay for a security nightshift.

he says what i'm thinking ;) There was never an easier group to bust, ever. I often sit amazed at how long they go unabated until the golf carts roll in.

It sounds from above and what I saw that was't what they were after...

When the shows let out at night (we were camped right next to the road) they had troopers on ATVs sitting idle with their machines off and the second you heard a hiss, they zeroed in on the area with remarkable speed and shut it down.

Also entering the RV area was a checkpoint, where they were searching the inside of RVs and even had those long handles with mirrors on them to look at the underbelly of vehicles.

I witnessed one truck leaving the site early Saturday morning with at least 70 tanks and the Sunday convoy had only about 20...

The worst things about security from the weekend:

1) Preventing cameras on the main stage area during Fri/ Sat performances (obvious ones, they didn't pat down or anything). I assume due to MRedMan and Cake being major label artists??

2) The clusterfuck of traffic "directing" on Monday as people tried to pack cars and get off site. There were more ATVs blocking fire and access lanes than anything, while they yelled at us that we'd be towed for having cars at our site or parking them along the roadway.

BWM: you could have taken your kids and wife with you and had no problems at all. There were more children there than wooks!

that's good to hear. moe. always promotes it as family friendly, but I've always been told it is not in actuality. it may be moot anyways as the labour day weekend is just not a good weekend to be travelling with the kids. and the wife is becoming festival averse. it's a shame cause this one is so close. but i'm gonna put all my convincing efforts into one of the Donna the Buffalo fests next summer.

I did GBHF a few years in a row. Great fun, totally relaxed, NO nitrous, family friendly, you can sit on your cooler while watching the music (we even left our cooler unattended for an hour and nobody opened it!!! We shared our kind Canadian brews with our neighbours after that :)

They have tents set up for jamming too. Bring an instrument and have some fun.

Some serious deep woods camping fun too (much like Gratefulfest) where people have to hike in with their gear (no cars back there). They have car camping too and a "quiet/family" lot. The swimming pond can't come close to Gratefulfests, but it's all good.

RV? :D

I've got some good pics around somewhere.

I remember walking around in where the woods camping is (it's all along a hiking trail). I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings or something :D We stumbled upon a small clearing where somebody had laid down some temporary floor, a tiki bar, and a disco ball and lights and had kickass tunes a blaring.

Lots of good roots/folk music too. The Zydeco will keep you dancin' all night long.

Lewis County claimed just 4 arrests, and said everything went `excellent.'

With just four arrests, sheriff OK with ‘moe’

TOWN OF TURIN — The 10th annual moe.down concert came and went in Lewis County this weekend, as did at least four people at the county jail.

Lewis County Undersheriff John LaDuc said the sheriff’s department made four arrests connected with the moe.down concert, which lasted from Friday to Sunday. LaDuc said there were two arrests for trespassing, one for possession of cocaine and a man from Ohio was arrested Monday after being found with 18 canisters of nitrous oxide.

"It went really excellent," said LaDuc. "The weekend was very good. We had no serious incidents at the moe.down," which was held at the Snow Ridge Ski Resort.

Deputies said Dale B. Fitzpatrick Jr., 45, of Strongsville, Ohio, was leaving the concert grounds on Route 26 Monday morning when he was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt at 11 a.m. Deputies said a search of Fitzpatrick’s vehicle turned up 18 tanks of nitrous oxide, more commonly known as laughing gas.

Nitrous oxide is often inhaled as a recreational drug, and was one of the popular drugs at the concert, LaDuc said. The sheriff’s department also seized quantities of cocaine, mushrooms and ecstasy, which was the "drug of choice" for the concert, he said.

Investigations into the drug possession are still ongoing, the undersheriff stated.

Fitzpatrick was arrested for illegal sale and use of nitrous oxide, for not wearing a seat belt and third-degree aggravated unlicensed operation for driving on a suspended license. He was sent to county jail on $1,250 cash bail. Information on the three other arrests was not available this morning.

State police in Lowville made at least four arrests in Turin over the weekend. Two for drunken driving and two for drug possession, according to arrest reports.

Estimates from Snow Ridge indicate that about 5,600 to 5,700 people attended the weekend-long concert. To deal with the crowd, the sheriff’s department deployed at least 15 extra deputies to patrol the area, LaDuc said. There are no deputies stationed at the concert itself.

This often leads to an extra cost to the department, as well as the expense of filling the county jail with concert-goers — but LaDuc said that was not a problem this year. "We did not have to board anybody out" to other county jails, he said. "The jail facility held everyone in."

Deputies said Dale B. Fitzpatrick Jr., 45, of Strongsville, Ohio, was leaving the concert grounds on Route 26 Monday morning when he was pulled over for not wearing a seat belt at 11 a.m. Deputies said a search of Fitzpatrick’s vehicle turned up 18 tanks of nitrous oxide, more commonly known as laughing gas.

I will never understand how stupid some people can be. If I was transporting 18 tanks of nitrous I would make sure I had my seatbelt on, didn't speed and followed all the rules of the road to make sure I didn't get pulled over.