Jambands.ca

RC: Metallica

phorbesie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily blast features like concert reviews' date=' the latest celebrity gossip- the kind of stuff you see on the front page banner sells single copies.[/quote']

You can still do the daily blast with pictures and a few lines about the show to fill space and then add something like this at the end: "Pick up tomorrow's copy of the Ottawa Sun to read Denis Armstrong's full review"... or even "Read Denis Armstrong's full review online at..."

You could yes. If you owned or published a paper.... FYI I am just informing not opining. Newspapers are one of the only things I know in depth (well that and the Helping Friendly Book).

Journalism comes down to tweets. All one has to do is stay home and follow a metallica twitter feed and write about that.

I really really really hope you are being sarcastic.

Have a look at some of the sidebars printed in the same newspapers that publish reviews and you'll see that my observation is partially true...and it'll get more prominent as time goes by.

Lindsay Lohan criticizes her dad Michael on Twitter' date=' after reports he is seeking conservatorship over her, says people.com. "My father is a lunatic," she tweets and adds he belongs "behind bars."[/quote']

$125 in sales is true, but there is a bigger upside: Circulation #'s drive your ad rates. Without those 500 copies, over a period of time the verified circulation would fall and in effect so would ad revenue.

This is the reason that newspapers can afford to put 'free' copies in every hotel, airport and restaurant.

Benjamin'd.

Have a look at some of the sidebars printed in the same newspapers that publish reviews and you'll see that my observation is partially true...and it'll get more prominent as time goes by.

Lindsay Lohan criticizes her dad Michael on Twitter, after reports he is seeking conservatorship over her, says people.com. "My father is a lunatic," she tweets and adds he belongs "behind bars."

QIbBC.gif

In an effort to give back to the communities in which they play, Metallica chose the Ottawa Food Bank as their charity of choice for their concert on Monday at Scotiabank Place.

A portion of each ticket to the soldout show was donated to the Ottawa Food Bank.

"An astonishing $8,693.50 was raised," said Peter Tilley, executive director at the Ottawa Food Bank.

"And since every dollar donated to the Ottawa Food Bank generates $5 worth of food into the community, Metallica and their legions of fans can be proud to have made such a huge contribution to the fight against community hunger. It was a nice surprise to have been chosen by Metallica and we really appreciate their support."

The Ottawa Food Bank is the National Capital Region's central emergency food assistance organization. Through its 135-plus member agencies, the Ottawa Food Bank helps 43,000 individuals per month, nearly 40 per cent of whom are children.

More than 12 tons of food is shipped from its Michael Street warehouse each and every working day.

Journalism comes down to tweets. All one has to do is stay home and follow a metallica twitter feed and write about that.

I really really really hope you are being sarcastic.

Lindsay Lohan criticizes her dad Michael on Twitter' date=' after reports he is seeking conservatorship over her, says people.com. "My father is a lunatic," she tweets and adds he belongs "behind bars."[/quote']

Fair enough. Although some people draw a distinction between "journalism" and "things a coked up brat has to say about her father."