Jambands.ca

EPL 2010-2011 (and other soccer stuff)

ollie

Ah, what a lovely weekend.

Nice to see Berbatov with a good performance, I was disappointed when he went to Old Trafford instead of Stamford Bridge.

4 point lead after 5 games? Loving it.

Midweek Carling match v Newcastle? Also great.

Finally getting to play a decent team next Saturday? Priceless.

Plus, Man City beat us both games last year (still haven't figured that out) so now, time to hit them hard.

Geez, even TFC won this weekend.

:chug:

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Carling today. It feels odd to say, but I can't wait for Leicester vs Portsmouth today. Then, of course, Chelsea vs Newcastle tomorrow.

Man U vs the mighty Scunthorpe ought to be pretty funny. Arsenal vs Spurs? That's pretty mouthwatering.

Villa got someone good too, can't remember.

And, can Everton get a result vs Brentford?

C'mon 2pm, hurry!

After that weekend of utter Premier League madness, to come in here and find nothing?

Anybody actually watch soccer around here?

Oh well, Champions tomorrow, time to get Chelsea back on track, at home, vs Oly Marseille. Suits me.

Oh, and De Ro? You may be the best player on TFC by 6 miles, but if you are supposed to be a leader and have just been officially eliminated again from any chance of attaining playoff status, perhaps that's not the time for snide hand gestures about wanting a new contract, huh?

Eat it. We can miss the playoffs with anybody on our team. You are supposed to do better. As a player yer great. Nobody is really irreplaceable on a losing team.

• 2 weeks later...

April 2010: “Liverpool will be the most profitable investment I've ever made,†Hicks to the Wall Street Journal

Oct 2010: Hicks and Gillett stand to lose a reported 141 million pounds of their investment if the sale to the NESV goes ahead.

Oct 15, 2010: NESV completes Liverpool takeover

Not at all sure if NESV is any better but something had to give

Really looking forward to Spurs/Inter this aft.

Zhirkhov's goal yesterday was, apparently, the first goal scored by a Russian against a Russian club in Russia. WTF kinda stat is that?? Still, pretty cool.

Real looked very strong vs ACMilan yesterday. I want a Chelsea/Benfica matchup, cuz a buddy is Benfica, but after we beat them, I want Real. Mourinho got us last year, won't happen again.