Jambands.ca

EPL 2010-2011 (and other soccer stuff)

ollie

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fun, freezing, night out.

Pre-game was good fun, stashed some beers under a truck, then returned there often. Didn't much need the Matthew Good Band concert, but seemed like folks were digging it. No official beer garden outside the venue was a silly, silly mistake.

I was in the very top corner, east end of the south stand, and the wind just ate me alive. It was freaking nasty, to the point that a lot of people took shifts alternating between the seats and the terraces. The game itself was OK, but not terribly interesting, plus it was getting tough to focus the drunker and colder I got. Was glad for the extra-time winner, was not looking forward to ending the night with penalties.

Attendance? All in all, a drag. TFC didn't do enough advertising, and charged too much money when TFC had no shot at being in the match. Cold probably did keep folks away, and a lot of Red Patch stayed away in protest of MLSEL's handling of the club.

Good fun. Id go again, but I dunno if November in Toronto is gonna entice MLS again too quickly. Glad I went.

:chug:

I've got no problem with Spurs, and I really really despise Arsenal. I made my choice in North London.

Even both being London clubs, Spurs and Fulham will always get some respect from me.

Plus, as Chelsea we don't worry bout Spurs, as clearly clubs like Birmingham and Sunderland are more than a match for us.

:chug:

Edited by Guest

Still, if those of a conspiratorial bent are correct, and Fifa members did indeed run away from Britain's inconveniently free press, they have certainly ensured that won't be too much of a problem with the bids chosen for 2018 and 2022.

According to The Press Freedom Index, a report compiled by 'Reporters Without Borders' that ranks countries according to, well, the freedom of their press, Russia comes in with a bullet at 140 (out of 178), while journalists in Qatar are comparatively free and easy, shooting up the table to 121.

~Football365

The laws of Qatar tolerate alcohol to a certain extent. However, the few bars and nightclubs in Qatar operate only in expensive hotels and clubs, with Qatar Distribution Company[33] the only importer and retailer for alcohol in Qatar. Under Qatar's Sharia, it is illegal to show alcohol or be drunk in public.

They've got 12 years to change their stance on this. If not, oh boy.

• 2 weeks later...

No, no. The cry you've linked to is much more of a "My supposed Stanley Cup contending hockey team got a few cheap calls against them and couldn't persevere so I'm going to not only blame the refs for that loses but blame the aforementioned refs for the subsequent loss to the longest running joke in hockey as well" kind of cry.

I was more just annoyed about the loss.

Who you cheering for in real football tonight?