Jambands.ca

Chocolate Town!!!

kung

"Tell my friend Sara this when she hits a PJC one time then,I know I cannot or would not try to rationalize it to her,hope you can."

Um, no. Please don't tell me I'm trying to rationalize what this guy did to her. You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm talking to you here, not her through you. Also, I'm talking about *your* comment about not being surprised it happened at a Ween show - which the more I type the less I could care about now.

I was just going by comments made on this thread. I also said the crowd must be mixed, my meaning behind that was that all the peeps at the concert can't possibly be pervs.

Plus, I don't think anyone said it was Weens fault that the crowd was randy, so to speak. Just that it wasn't surprising. It didn't surprise a friend of mine in the 80's, at an Ozzy concert, that rocker chicks were giving rocker dudes blowjobs in the stands during the show. I myself, blame that TOTALLY on Ozzy. [Wink]

Well, I guess I'm completely in the dark. I know you may get dosed at a Dead show, may get a hula-hoop at a SCI show, may get hit by a glowstick at a Phish show, but I didn't know women may get molested at Ween shows.

I am sorry to hear of what happened. I am glad the guy was aprehended and arrested, and am downright gleeful that Greg plans to administer his own unique brand of "Esau13" justice when he gets a hold of him.

I want out of this thread. Bye.

First of all, this was an awesome show. I'm not much of a Ween fan(Weener I am not), but I must say that these guys are a real tight unit, and they don't make any mistakes which always impresses. The guy on keys was amazing too, what a synth wizard!!!

And, as for the Chulu factor, it is certainly true that the common North American Chulu appears at any given concert, regardless of who you're talking about. The trick is, what percentage of Chuluosity do you have in the crowd, bearing a direct relation to how much shit ends up going down. I think it's safe to say that Ween draws a pretty interesting mix, a bit different from your typical hippy dippy type thing.

I am reasonably sure that the dudes beside us who promptly gave Tasha all of their necessary hotel info only minutes after our arrival purposely poured beer into my gear--pretty malicious shit if you ask me and it doesn't look hopeful that the sucker is going to ever work again.

It's not Ween's fault mind you, but there's something to be said for strength in numbers when considering the Chulu factor.

This is all very interesting. I've seen Ween but once. It was this year at the Adirondack Mountains Music Festival in the USA. I watched the show alone and marvelled at how good the band was. I was really impressed. As time passed, I began to become aware of certain things in the crowd. There seemed to be in inordinate number of short-haired, muscular, baseball-cap wearing men around. As I reflected on this I noticed some of the things they were screaming out. Statements about f*&cking 'bitches', and eating 'pussy'. As soon as I started to notice this I realized it was everywhere. I heard more crude, crass, derogative comments being yelled out then I'd ever heard before. I wondered to myself how any young women that were in this crowd felt about this. Unfortunately, despite thinking the band was excellent, I could take the crowd no longer and I walked back to the campsite of several of my friends. Moments after I arrived, a female friend of mine arrived and made her opinion known. "Well, I don't have to like every band that's here do I?"

I considered going to the Toronto show because I thought it might be an opportunity to see this band without that crowd. After reading some of the experiences posted here, I'm glad I didn't. It would have ruined the band for me. As it stands now, I still maintain that they were an extremely tight and very talented band than can cross most genres of music with relative ease.

great show indeed....at times i didnt find it to be loud enough, and at other times i wished they would rock a little more.....but the trippyness all made sense with gener's comment at the end:

"thats it for us tonite. we just took some acid and we're goin to cleveland."

stroker ace, touch my tooter, all of my love, dr. rock...that 4 song section of the show was it for me. well worth the price of admission, and a 2 hour trip to t.dot. fuckin beautiful.

wish we got there 2 songs earlier tho, i woulda loved to see 'em do spinal again...we came in at Piss Up A Rope, which really isnt too bad at all.

obviously one cannot see EVERYTHING...but, one can see A LOT, and lemme tell you, i was ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE last nite....i had ants in my pants, and i was loving it.....anyways, i wanted to say that as far as crowds go, this was one of the better toronto crowds i had seen. a friend of mine actually commented on why there wasnt more middle finger wagging and swearing going on, considering the show we were at.

now, like i said, i cant see everything, but i didnt see anything wrong with anyone in the crowd last nite. i saw a lot of people having a great time. of course, i see i missed a few isolated incidents, but overall, i was real happy with the crowd, compared to past ween crowds i've seen.

willy, you shouldnt be glad you didnt go for those reasons. i am sure YOU wouldnt have had any problems with the crowd. i found them to be a slightly more mellow bunch than im used to seeing with ween.

last Ween show I saw rocked (Toronto - Chocolate and Cheese tour)... bit of a crowd but it really wasn't that bad for that show (I was with two cute girls)

sadly, was broke last night and couldn't go... was kicking myself all night... glad most folks had a good time

man, that thread on the Ween board is hostile at Canadians! [Eek!]

I guess the guy dissing Americans deserves flak though... people shouldn't watch so much tv

Good show - I managed to stay a little more sober this time because I took a break from drinking to rage out at the front. Lots from the new cd, which made me glad - Zoloft was the highlight of the show for me.

Glad to see so many friends there; we were pockets of good vibes and tons of fun.

Good old straight-edged Kung, eh? I've heard of people getting high on life my man, but you were messed on it!

This was probably the quietest crowd of any Ween show I've seen, except maybe Vancouver - at the American shows (and of course Montreal) the crowds go ballistic. Where standing and swaying during Dr. Rock woulda been fine with me mere days ago, with my newfound love of 'big' dancing, I had to find brethren, which is why I moved up for an hour or so. I found a gang of fist-pumping maniacs and joined in. After a while it occurred to me that maybe these guys (who were obviously fans - singing along with some tunes and such) didn't really listen like I listened; I think they were more there to see a heavy show, maybe Moistboyz fans, I dunno. Then I thought that maybe a lot of people go to see Ween for the Voodoo Lady/Dr. Rock/Buckingham Green/Long Night sorta tunes, and they would be at a Megadeth show next week. Fine, no problem with that whatsoever, just a surprising (though probably obvious) observation. Guess I thought all their fans were people into 'wacky' music, but maybe their edge brings out true metal fans, who get a beer during songs like Fancy Pants, laugh at the songs like AIDS, and rock their faces off to the heavy ones. I dunno.

Good point weirdness.

I gotta get over to that Ween forum and try to clear my avatar.

Sorry to hear about your friends troubles Esau. Glad the man got their man this time.

well the gear is good and the show was in no ways "dangerous for women" I just fucking had the luck of having the crew of chulu's find us.

and I hope this works - I threw up some- and will be putting up more later...

for now- browse these- that were all taken from by the soundboard- I went up during hte encore and took dsome killer close shots that i will upload later as I mentioned.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3054779&uid=1594938&members=1

i realize i'm a bit late on the ball for this one, but i haven't been at a computer for the last few days.

anyway, this concert (as well as the instore one) KICKED ASS! hopefully those fuckers who threw shit on the stage will have relentless boognish karma on their asses for some time.

i have been luckily blessed with being able to get close to the band recently. i got some good front row shots at burlington, excellent front row centre at the instore (i got to meet and even touch ween! deaner smiled right at me! i even got the whole darn band's autographs -- claude has such a good vibe to him), and by some miraculous stroke of luck, i spent most of the koolhaus show inbetween the stage and the front row barrier. lots of pics, some can be viewed at miss pink's website which i believe she posted on here already.

ween beyond kicks ass, every time i see them i'm blown away and can't wait to come crawling back for more. long live ween.

the one fucking song, that means so much to me lyrically and emotionally, and the one I've been dying to hear live, of course had to be the opener I missed while standing in the rain [Frown]

Otherwise, Ween kicked serious ass!

Highlights: Happy Coloured Marbles was rich with smoke and heavy riffs!!! So glad to hear Touch My Tooter and Fluffy!!! And Buckingham Green ripped me a new assshole

Archived