Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting back to this because I meant ot yesterday but was pulled aside and forgot:

Apparently when NHL VP of hockey operations "gathered all the facts" before his decision, he omitted asking MaxPac for his version of events.

What a joke!!

Where in the fuck do you come up with this reactionary bullshit? Do you even know what you are implying?

From what I understand, it's atypical for the NHL to speak with the victim in this type of situation. And even if they did, what would MaxPac say?

"I dont recall the play."

Oooooh. Groundbreaking stuff Roller.

I've been avoiding this debate for a few days now because I've had a shitload of work to do, and I had already spent way too much time in that other thread. But, Im ready to have at her again! Sorry Hab fans, in advance...

So, my two cents:

Chara should have got at least a "token" game as I 've heard others call it, if only to fortify the NHL's position on head shots -- accidental or not. Just to say "look, its a fast game, but be careful out there"

As for the talk of criminal charges I highly doubt it would even make it to court. Im taking a sport and law class right now and we've done nothing but breif legal cases involving violence in hockey. Let me tell you, you gotta basically stop what your doing, turn around, chase the guy down the rink and beat him with your stick to be found guilty of assualt, or assault causing bodily harm (if you don't believe me I can email you a whole bunch of cases). The fact that intent in this case is so hard to prove, and that Chara has had a clean past, and that getting rubbed out along the boards is a normal part of the NHL game (I've learned this distinction is important) makes it hard for me to see any other types of disciplinary actions taken.

In most cases of civil and criminal law in hockey, the judgement goes to the defendant if the injury is a result of a normal hockey play, or what is expected (and understood as normal) in the course of the game. No where is it said that a player should not ride a guy into the boards near the time keepers bench. If there was an established stigma against this (doesn't even need to be a rule; and to the best of my knowledge there's not), the situation may be different, and the case against Chara may be stronger.

Again, my two cents based on reading far too many cases of violence in hockey. Im assuming that the NHL looked at it in much the same way.

Guest Low Roller
Where in the fuck do you come up with this reactionary bullshit? Do you even know what you are implying?

From what I understand, it's atypical for the NHL to speak with the victim in this type of situation. And even if they did, what would MaxPac say?

"I dont recall the play."

Oooooh. Groundbreaking stuff Roller.

Quit fishing for a fight Booche. As reported by everyone from Bob McKenzie to Tony Marinaro yesterday, MaxPac was never asked for his version of events by the NHL before handing out their ruling. Chara said he didn't mean to do it and that Pacioretty "jumped into the boards", and the NHL acted according to that. MaxPac said in an interview with McKenzie the next day that he believes Chara actually DID intend to do it, locking him up up so that he couldn't avoid it, and the forearm to the face in that famous photo is pretty compelling evidence to that fact.

Of course I'm biased, of course I'm unreasonably enraged by this decision, of course I want Chara to meet swift justice. I'm not going to hide that. He broke the kid's neck! Fuck anyone who thinks that Chara should not be suspended!

I'm just beyond glad that Pacioretty is

A- alive

B- able to walk

C- at home

Total fucking miracle!

Thornton and Henrik weigh in.
Thank God you never became a cop.

I would bust a nut on Tony Marinaro for being a fucking rock star.

Great article... Some big name players speaking up about the Chara hit and how the NHL has handled it' date='

[/quote']

wha??? i thought it was only montreal fans/media upset about this..

at least thats what the internets(present company excluded) and tsn tries to tell me.

Edited by Guest

I thought the article was interesting but I absolutely disagree with Sedin that by not suspending him means his record is clean in a sense therefore he'll never get suspended. His record isn't clean now despite not getting suspended, this incident has, at the very least, been noted and Chara's leash is shortened. I just don't agree with his logic.

I thought the article was interesting but I absolutely disagree with Sedin that by not suspending him means his record is clean in a sense therefore he'll never get suspended. His record isn't clean now despite not getting suspended, this incident has, at the very least, been noted and Chara's leash is shortened. I just don't agree with his logic.

i believe he already had a suspension rescinded for instigating a fight after the final whistle last year..

record clean baby.

Edited by Guest

No, I'm agreeing that his record is clean what I'm saying is if Chara cleans someones clock his record isn't truly spotless, what he did will come into play. Sedin was implying it wouldn't.

and im saying he already went through a process where a suspension was rescinded so assuming you are correct this would have come into play for this issue.. which it didnt.

But it was for instigating a fight not taking someones head off. Jesus is there a single Hab fan that can maintain even the slightest bit of perspective.

it doesnt matter what its for. its still a previous encounter with league officials.

the same thing chara got off for(instigating a fight when it should be an automatic 1 game) has been used for establishing history as a "dirty player" who has then been up before the leauge for something completely different.

my perspective is fine.

Edited by Guest

Guest Low Roller
But it was for instigating a fight not taking someones head off. Jesus is there a single Hab fan that can maintain even the slightest bit of perspective.

I got your fucking perspective right here Sloth.

skatesvest2.jpg