Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Good to know that shoving a player's face into the boards at full speed is considered a legal hit by the league. Welcome to the goon show everybody!

Chara is ratfuck. He wanted to rub out MaxPac to set the tone for a goonshow third period. The intent to hit as fucking hard as he could and then shove him even further is clear, including contact with the head area despite MaxPac not even being close to the puck.

His hearing ended up over an hour ago with no word from the league yet.

That is a preposterous statement. How can anyone have that intent at that moment in such a situational high-speed game. Slow-motion and still shots make everything look terrible and yes the outcome is very terrible but to say there was intent is ridiculous.

Guest Low Roller

He intended to rub him out. If you argue that you are an idiot. I never said that he intended to shove his face into the edge of the glass.

Chara is ratfuck. He wanted to rub out MaxPac to set the tone for a goonshow third period. The intent to hit as fucking hard as he could and then shove him even further is clear, including contact with the head area despite MaxPac not even being close to the puck.

That intent is not clear whatsoever. I can only imagine the absurd quotes you'd produce if it was Crosby who got hit like that.

A match penalty shall be imposed on any player who deliberately attempts to injure or who deliberately injures an opponent in any manner.

The refs see it as deliberate attempt to injure, Colin Campbell's squeeze toy squashes that and calls it purely an interference call with no intended malice... Fuck these guys, I wish that was Colin's son on the ice... seriously, fuck em.

7 years to the day of the Bertuzzi incident, Max's injuries are almost identical to those sustained by Steve Moore. Fuck u Colin Campbell.

There will, and should be, some sort of retribution now... the league had it's chance, the habs will have to lace up GSP.

Keep your head up Brad Marchand

You can argue there wasn't any intent for sure, but I think a telling piece happened after the play with Chara's reaction. Not a glance back at all.

Anyhow fuck you NHL!!

Norm MacDonald after the OJ Simpson verdict:

"Well, it's official: Murder is legal in the state of California"

"I am upset and disgusted that the league didn't think enough of (the hit) to suspend him," Pacioretty told TSN. "I not mad for myself, I'm mad because if other players see a hit like that and think it's okay, they won't be suspended, then other players will get hurt like I got hurt."

"It's been an emotional day. I saw the video for the first time this morning. You see the hit, I've got a fractured vertebrae, I'm in hospital and I thought the league would do something, a little something. I'm not talking a big number, I don't know, one game, two games, three games...whatever, but something to show that it's not right."

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

Way to Air Cananda. Someone with clout has finally stood up. I found a letter online and forwarded it along, feel free to do the same. I bolded a section that you can cut out if you want because there is a zero percent chance the NHL will reverse their decision.

As far as I am concerned, this is more about potentially saving a kid from becoming a parpaplegic or much much worse. If you were watching the Bruins-Habs game live then I am willing to bet you were going through the exact same terrifying reaction that I was. It could have been a Bruins player and I would have felt the same way. I dont ever want to go through that again.

to: media@aircanada.ca

To Air Canada,

I am e-mailing you to thank you for taking a courageous stand against the NHL's recent failures to police itself properly, specifically as it pertains to the complete lack of supplementary discipline for Zdeno Chara's hit on Max Pacioretty.

I ask you to remain consistent with that stand and to pull out of your sponsorship deal with the NHL if they do not rescind their decision to not suspend Zdeno Chara within the next 48 hours.

It is important for the sport that Canadians love from coast to coast to be seen as one that is safe for kids to play in, and to grow up to be professional players in should they have the desire to do so.

To that end, I fully support you in continuing to put pressure on the NHL to better police itself.

Thank you,

Great find on the letter Booche... i forwarded it this morning. I didnt catch it live but seeing it at full speed on the highlights was disturbing to say the least. This has to stop now. Obviously the league hasnt learned anything going as far back as the Burtuzzi hit and beyond.

What will it take to get head shots out of the game?

that's like giving the police shit because there are too many accidents, if you ask me. you can't stop them from happening, ever. you can only punish them after the fact. if they don't get the hint then it will come down to suspending a player for an entire season for one hit.

IF Chara had been suspended for the entire season and next as well there will still be a head shot this week and the next and the next.

I, personally, don't see a solution in site.

IF Chara had been suspended for the entire season and next as well there will still be a head shot this week and the next and the next.

I, personally, don't see a solution in site.

We don't know this for sure. If the NHL handed out serious suspensions and fines it may help to reduce the number of reckless plays.

Over the last 10 years we have seen many plays that should have warranted a longer suspension or fine. However since the NHL is unwilling to hand out such suspensions the acts keep happening.

Yes... accidents will always happen but players need to be accountable for their actions. It's possible that if there was actual accoutability that many of these acts could be prevented.

We won't know for sure unless the NHL acts.