MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Max Pac's parents were at the game.

Twitter is pretty good for updates on Max Pac:

All vital signs are 100%, catscan revealed no bleeding on the brain, diagnosed concussion.

Could've been much worse.

Edited by Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

254939843.jpg

Chara disciplinary hearing at noon today. Colin Campbell not involved. Mike Murphy, VP Hockey Operations leading the call.

Edited by Low Roller

254939843.jpg

Chara disciplinary hearing at noon today. Colin Campbell not involved. Mike Murphy, VP Hockey Operations leading the call.

That was a really bad hit by Chara, interference is one thing but that's really bullshit.

Serious shit right there I tell ya.

That's the exact same shit the basically ended my hockey days. I was playing for the Hamilton Huskies AAA team in 1985 (or 86) when they split Hamilton and created an East & West Hamilton Huskie teams - playing the west at the Hamilton Wentworth Triple Rinks (Plus 1 rink) where the Kilty B's play and there is a stretch of boards between the team benches and corners where there is no glass and as you head into the corner the glass starts, exactly like that pic.

While I was making my way into the corner I got the same hit, and to top it off, my own center man Steve Gillis (before the team was divided into east/west) who pulled that shit. Basically, long story short, I ended up with 4 fractured lumbar vertebrae and two years later was told by my doctor I should stop playing. Hockey days over

Guest Low Roller

Chara's goal was clearly to rub out MaxPac along the boards, not worried about the interference call. The head to the turnbuckle was most likely not premeditated, however the hit to the head probably was IMHO.

Guest Low Roller
Max Pacioretty souffre d'une sévère commotion cérébrale et d'une blessure au cou. On ne sait pas encore à 100 % s'il y a une fracture.

Translated:

Pacioretty suffers from a severe concussion and a neck injury. Not yet 100% sure if there is a fracture or not.

Chara's goal was clearly to rub out MaxPac along the boards, not worried about the interference call. The head to the turnbuckle was most likely not premeditated, however the hit to the head probably was IMHO.

Not worried about the interference call either, and I would have trouble believing he tried to put his head into the turnbuckle purposely, but, as mentioned I know what a hit like that can do and I really have no tolerance for it, neither should the NHL - I don't really care if it's a B's player either.