Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 10/11

MrBigTime

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good series, habs showed a lot of fight and Carey stepped it up and showed he is an elite goalie. Looking good for next year with the young guys stepping up. Hopefully the injury bug will skip montreal for a year.

PKs celebration was awesome.

Seems like PK is the only guy not allowed to show emotion and/or celebrate anything in this league?

PK is being called out for *how* he chose to celebrate. If you think he's the only player that gets called out for arrogant behaviour then you don't watch much hockey, which I don't think is the case so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Unless your just butt hurt.

I'd also like an animated gif of Chris Kelly's loogie getting stuck on the grill of his face mask.

PK is being called out for *how* he chose to celebrate. If you think he's the only player that gets called out for arrogant behaviour then you don't watch much hockey, which I don't think is the case so I have no idea how you came to that conclusion. Unless your just butt hurt.

I'd also like an animated gif of Chris Kelly's loogie getting stuck on the grill of his face mask.

your pin dick couldnt give me butt hurt.

i just think its pathetic.. earlier in the year he gets called out for scoring his first OT winner in the NHL..

guys calling him out celebrated even more so the next night and getting praised for showing emotion, blah blah blah..

its fucking pathetic.. oooohh he held his hand up to his ear after getting booed for 4 straight games.

he is sooo arrogant.

the only people butt hurt are the people jealous of PK.

reminds me of the PEI folk who hate brad richards for no other reason then he is in the NHL and doing better then they are..

People calling him out are fucking blind sheep. He was getting his ass booed off the entire series, ties it up late and asks the crowd "Where are the boo's now?"

Fuck off if you cant take it. At least his finger didnt get caught in his glove.

Edit to add: Sorry TM, hadnt seen your post when I added mine.

Edited by Guest
just noticed TM posted in a similar fasion

Ha, ha, I didn't give you butt hurt Tissue Man. Zdeno Chara, Andrew Ference and Nathan Horton did that.

I'm jealous of anyone that gets paid millions to follow their passion, not just PK. I would love to have him on my team too. Doesn't change the fact that he acts like a little prick at times.

So unless I talk about every other prick in the league at the same time I'm not allowed to mention PK? Puh-lease. I also don't see the point in knocking a Bruins player when I'm obviously trolling Habs fans.

So yeah, Andrew Ference is a little prick. Does your butt not hurt so much now?

...Seems like PK is the only guy not allowed to show emotion and/or celebrate anything in this league?

I find that odd myself. Obviously, others get shit for, you know, giving the finger to the crowd and what not, but seems Subban is picked on more often than not. When TSN predicted him to be one of the most hated guys in the playoffs, well, I was forced to look at it in the way Bomani Jones or Dave Zirin would - and I think we all know where I'm going with this...

Oh no you didn't!

Look I don't give a real shit. I thought his celebration was funny, but even funnier when the Habs lost the game. He's a lightning rod player because he has skill and isn't afraid to let people know that he knows how good he is. That rubs some people the wrong way. Sure there might some real losers out there who can't see past his colour but you can't paint all of PK's critics with that brush.

Oh no you didn't!

Look I don't give a real shit. I thought his celebration was funny, but even funnier when the Habs lost the game. He's a lightning rod player because he has skill and isn't afraid to let people know that he knows how good he is. That rubs some people the wrong way. Sure there might some real losers out there who can't see past his colour but you can't paint all of PK's critics with that brush.

nah not all of his critics but you and panger for sure.

Sorry Ollie, that wasn't aimed at you - I know where your coming from.

But ya, I'll "go there". I won't claim blatant racisim, but i will say that Subban gets treated unfairly and there's a possibility that it has to do with him not being a white, english-speaking Canadian. It's there in all sports really. Just sayin.

Guest Low Roller

Interesting end of season comments from various players:

- Scott Gomez: "I was terrible. I let down the team and the management. By far the worst season of my career."

- Josh Gorges: Hal Gill must return no matter what.

- Roman Hamrlik: Would accept a paycut to stay in Montreal.

- Mathieu Darche: Going under the knife in a few weeks.

- Max Pacioretty: Got the green light to start playing and would have been available for the 2nd round.

- Alex Picard: Broken tibia from a shot at practice from Pouliot.

Jacques Martin and Pierre Gauthier have a press con at 4:30pm.

Oh and Tim Thomas called PK Subban a "travesty to the game" on some radio talk show.

timmy said:

“I have respect for the Montreal Canadiens team and the way they played that series and the way that they battled, but to be completely honest, I don’t have respect for actions like that,†Thomas said. “That’s a travesty to the game. That’s not the way the game is supposed to be played. When I saw that happen in the first period, when he threw himself back on Campbell, it can be infuriating.

“If anything, it seems the refs let him get away with more, which I’m very surprised at. He’s making the refs look not good on a regular basis. He’s got enough talent, and he’s a good enough player that there’s no need for stuff like that.â€

fucking bruins just cant win without throwing in parting shots. sad fucking team.

hey timmy, what about your big bad captain who threw himself headfirst into the boards when Lars Eller touched him.. what a travesty..

i hope carcillo and hartnell run and run and run t-t-t-t-timmy all series.

I missed the Panger incident, holy shit! From quick google search I came across this:

Are black hockey players subject to racism?

A few days ago, a junior hockey team left the ice after a white player called a black player a racist name. The coach who pulled his team was suspended. Last month in language similar to right wing attacks on Obama, white NHL player Mike Richards reproached black Canadien P.K. Subban for being too up front and vocal - or uppity. Don Cherry has harped on this about Subban more than once. Last night, TSN analyst Darren Pang stated that Subban should act more in the 'white way'.

Sure, Pang's statement could be attributed to a 'slip of the tongue' as Pang embarrassedly explained. I give Pang the benefit of the doubt. But it's all a little too convenient. Here we have a young, energetic, hyper-tongued black player doing nothing more than what most young professional athletes do - lay on the attitude and the back talk. If he were playing in the CFL, he would be mic'ed and celebrated. But as an hockey player, he is called 'arrogant' and worse.

These incidents could be truly innocent mistakes or overstatements. Maybe that black junior player heard wrong. Mike Richards may just be voicing a popular opinion that mouthy young hockey players should keep quiet. And Darren Pang just slipped up on a word. Perhaps. I'm just glad I'm not black and playing in the NHL

I'm surprised Boston won the series. They are a really dumb team and took some really idiotic penalties. If the refs caught that Ferrence hit, Montreal would have won. If Boston plays the same way against Philly, the Flyers will blow their doors off. Oh, and thanks Leafs for Kaberle. He's fucking brutal.

Guest Low Roller

I think that Subban does play an in-your-face game, and I'm glad he's on our side. He oozes talent and he gets DEEP under other players' skin. It's been a long time since the Habs had a player come up through the system who had both. I can't wait to watch him for years to come!

But lets be serious Ollie. What happened last night was simple payback via the hockey Gods for one stupid fuÇking thing and one stupid fuÇking thing only.

* JinxsyMcJinxsterton Said:

I think I forgot to breathe for most of the third period last night until Kelly took an idiot penalty. The brain damage is almost undetectable.

I can't believe thats where you put the blame when I knew we were fucked as soon as I saw this:

bruins_3.png

Consider yourself smited(smitten?), Mr. BigTime.