Jambands.ca

The Jayhawks at the Phoenix 1/18/11

TimmyB

The Jayhawks at the Phoenix Concert Theatre is offically on www.ticketmaster.ca!

One of my favorite bands of the past twenty-five years is making their first trip back to Canada in 6 years.

I can't wait!

Peace,

Tim

The Jayhawks

The Phoenix Concert Theatre

Toronto, ON

Tue, Jan 18, 2011 08:00 PM

Onsale to General Public

Start: Fri, 12/03/10 10:00 AM EST

CA $37.00 (CA $29.50 Ticket + CA $7.50 Fees)

Tickets, purchased in advance through Ticketmaster, cannot be picked up at the venue. It is strongly recommended that tickets be picked up at least one day in advance of the show at your local TICKETMASTER RETAIL LOCATION

Legal Age 19+

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh. Thanks for the heads-up. This is a show that I would love to make happen. Any thoughts on whether this will sell out?

Hey edger,

It's hard to say whether or not the Jayhawks will sellout or not at the Phoenix.

The last time the Jayhawks played Toronto was early 2004 at the Phoenix and it definitely did not sellout early if at all.

The band has not played more than a handful of gigs in their hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota and Spain over the past several years.

So the question is has the 2009 release of a greatest hits package and the 2010 re-release of their first album originally released in 1986 referred to as 'the Bunkhouse Album' brought in new fans and created enough of a stir with old fans to sellout the Phoenix?

I hope so as I believe the Jayhawks with Mark Olson back under the Jayhawks wing is a group that is on par with Wilco when it comes to their earlier Americana releases.

Also don't forget that the Jayhawks first two releases on the American label 'Hollywood Town Hall' and 'Tomorrow the Green Grass' will be released on the same day as the Phoenix gig.

I will be buying my tickets the day they go onsale.

Peace,

Tim

Edited by Guest

huh. I guess I missed the boat on these guys. Never heard one song by them. Some pretty good accolades from some folks I trust a lot though.

I feel the Jayhawks with Mark Olson and Gary Louris together are the best Americana group of the past 30 years. Wilco, if they continued on as an Americana group could have had that accolade from me, if they did not move on to a whole different genre of music.

Peace,

Tim