Jambands.ca

looking for a home for our two kitties

Big Wooly Mammoth

We are moving to Paris, France at the end of the month for two years (I will be working at the OECD). The apartment that we are renting won't allow pets. So, we need to find a home for Althea and Lilly for that time.

They are 5 year old grey (short-haired) tabby sisters. They are very loving and friendly kitties. How many cats do you know that will roll over on their back and have you rub their belly? That is Althea. They have never been separated so we want to keep them together.

We will pay for food and vet visits.

I'd love to adopt these two for a few years, but I already have two cats, one with FIV. Cats are really easy to look after and bring lots of happiness into a home. Those with allergies can even build up a tolerance after a little while ( I did). Best of luck in finding a home for them.

Good luck! I would take them, but I won't be home from Korea until after you have already left.

when are you back? and will you be in Ottawa?

we've got two questionable possibilities right now. A neighbour who likes cats, but her husband has issues with cats. If they cause any trouble (like jump on counter, which they don't generally do, but you never know) things won't go well.

The other maybe have a son who has tested positive for cat allergies, although he's never had any issues being around cats. If they decide to take the cats they won't know if there are any issues until after we leave as the kids are away visiting their grandparents until the day before we leave.

So, we have two maybes, but they both may end up as temporary homes.

There has to be a cat lover out there that can provide a loving home for these two kitties.

Edited by Guest

Good luck! I would take them' date=' but I won't be home from Korea until after you have already left.[/quote']

when are you back? and will you be in Ottawa

I'm not exactly sure when, but most likely mid-November. I won't be in Ottawa, either. On top of that, I'll be living with my mother until we find ourselves a house, so that would delay things even further.

Good luck finding kitty-sitters - I've been asking everyone I know. I'd take them myself but I just socialized a new one from an email that circulated at work with my previous psycho-kitty. It was touch-and-go there for a bit, but I think it's working out quite well now :)

thanks - it's much appreciated.

we have, however, found somebody to take them.

(Now I'm trying to see if there is any way we can take them, as I'm really gonna miss them.)

• 1 month later...

We are, once again, looking for a home for the kitties. Things are not working out very well in their current home. Althea has started to scratch the new carpet and a couch. We never had issues with her before, and I'm not sure if she has stopped yet, or not. But it's brand new house and the people are kind of concerned (it's their first house). Perhaps Althea is/was anxious as a result of the move. (This will really help us find another home for them!)

Now to make matters worse, One of the people has discovered that they are allergic to the cats.

So...if anybody knows anybody that would like to provide a home for these two (up until recently) well-behaved sister kitties let me know.

merci.

Edited by Guest