Jambands.ca

Mumford & Sons w/ Old Crow Medicine Show - Simcoe, ON

NewRider

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondering why the Simcoe show sold out in 10 mins and it took days for any of the other ones to sell out.

Obviously the other venues were much larger. Why can't they move the Simcoe show? If you're pissed like me write on their facebook page to move the show to a larger venue. It's ridiculous that Canada gets shafted like that.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gentlemen-of-the-Road/319898014711738?fref=ts

• 2 months later...

More tickets being released lottery style...

Fans who are selected to receive invitations will begin to receive them Monday, May 6th at 12 Noon Eastern Standard Time. If any tickets remain, we’ll be sending out a second set of invitations that day. The Onsale for this round will end by 10 PM Eastern Standard Time that night. There will be multiple selection periods over the next several months, which will be announced in advance. Only one registration is required for inclusion in all drawings.

Invitations will be sent out from the following e-mail address: ustickets@gentlemenoftheroad.com. Please add this e-mail address to your approved senders list in order to ensure you receive further information.

If you have any questions, you can contact catickets@gentlemenoftheroad.com.

- The Gentlemen of the Road Ticketing Team

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Old Crow ripped the roof off the joint. People were really digging the Mumford and Sons. I enjoyed the three songs we stayed for, then all their songs started to sound the same to me so we left. I was amazed at how many bands/artists are trying to sound like Mumford. Not meaning to be negative, just my observation. I think it would be hard for ANY band to follow OCMS but it's always been a thing for me with Mumford and Sons, with their songs sounding the same to me. They sure have spawned a cult of really good hair cuts though. Hair dressers must love Mumford and Sons.

I really enjoyed the Justin Townes Earle set. Ed Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero's were pretty good also. The best part of that band is the girl singer. I could have listened to her sing all night.

The town of Simcoe did an awesome job. The street festival was really great and the whole town seemed to be behind it and super appreciative that a festival of this size was being held in their town. The random pianos in the middle of the street for people to play was cool. Seeing Diesel Dog twice during the street fest was a good thing. The second set they did had an interesting mix. Their new drummer is great and it was cool to see a mix between the Allnighters and DD playing, with the bass player from the Allnighters taking over for Ian and Ryan's son on the trombone.

Kudos to the organizers for bringing it there and kudos to the town for supporting it. This area of Ontario has been hard hit and it must have been very uplifting to have such a positive experience in Norfolk.

I think I got this right for the most part:

Old Crow Medicine Show

Aug 24. Simcoe

Gentlemen of the Road Stopover

Carry me back to Virginia

Alabama high test

Caroline

Bootleggers son

Unshackled tonight

Mary's kitchen

Humdinger

CC rider

Told me 10000 lies?? (not sure if I got the name right on this one) (w banjo player from Mumford, Winston Marshall.

Tear it down (w banjo from Mumford, Winston Marshall )

Take 'em away

Wagon wheel

Take a whiff on me

Tell it to me

Edited by Guest

I'm new to Old Crow ... it's only been during the past six months that I've really started listening to them. Loved their set in Simcoe. Great energy and the sound was sweet. I also enjoyed the Mumford and Sons set and Edward Sharpe. We were camped at Long Point and made the drive in for the evening on Friday and Saturday, so I can't speak to the whole festival experience, but what I experienced was solid. Kudos to Simcoe and Norfolk County for embracing the event. So cool that a festival of this magnitude happened in Southwestern Ontario.

Big props to M&S for helping the small community. Not only did they allow every business in town to use the GOTR logos for advertising, but also allowed every business to keep every cent of profit related to the logo/fest in exchange that 10% be donated a local charity. Last tally I heard was the community pulled in near 10 million (what I heard on CHCH) over the weekend. Something the town seriously needed.

Class act in my opinion.

I heard other good stuff too - paying for hotel rooms in other communities for residents who work shift work and didn't want to be disturbed etc etc. A friend from Simcoe has told me a few stories about how great this event was, to those attending or not.