Jambands.ca

Could Cornerstone Row be the greatest Toronto song?

PassedOutGuy

When we met, many years ago and you'd come party at the checkered palace, this song had just come out a year or so before

Being that I lived so close to College & Spadina, we'd often  go see Days of You at the Silver Dollar or Comfort Room.

And you'd "get on the bus, the Spadina Bus" 

I want confirmation on my information about my transportation from Spadina station

Over 25 years ago now brother !

Under the Carlaw Bridge (and a bunch of others) - Lowest of the Low

Shakespeare... My Butt, to me still holds up as one of the greatest Toronto records ever made.

And this thread would not be complete without a mention of Brian Wilson by Barenaked Ladies. It's a damn shame that Sam The Record Man couldn't remain the Toronto institution it was to people like Steven Page, Ed Robertson, me and countless others.

Cornerstone Row is definitely a great song…and I had no idea it had anything to do with Toronto.  I remember seeing them for the first time in Kingston in the early or mid ninties when they were supporting the White Album and that tune really stood out for me.  I learned it on guitar and no one knew the words whenever I tried to play it.