Jambands.ca

Meeting up for drinks before Oysterhead in T.O.

Jaimoe

I was thinking about having some beers at the Imperial Library Pub ( just east of Yonge, on Dundas Street and Victoria ) 1 block north of Massey Hall, before the big show on the 7th. Davey Boy, Brels, perhaps Booche/Bouche and a few others ( that I know about ) will be in attendance. If anyone's interested, let me know?Make sure to go upstairs at the Library Pub - it's a lot cooler. Tons of jazz 45's on the jukebox. Regardless, it's going to be a great show, even after reading that incomprehensible concert review on jambase.com.

ok...so it's settled.

Everyone will meet up somewhere.

Does Jaimoe know of a great place to eat? Something italian perhaps? I'm just suggesting no pubs for dinner food, because you can get the same crap anywhere.

Anyway, come up with a decent place, and we can make reservations for a large group...say 20 or more depending on the response?

We can all meet around 4 or 5?

I'd like to see some people show up that no one has met yet.

I tell you what, if we can get a decision on where we should eat, within this thread, then I'll post a brand new thread announcing where it'll be and when, and everyone who wants to go can make a post like Brad's (you'll have to do it again brad). Then we'll give it till monday for a head count in that new thread, and Jaimoe can call and reserve.

Sound good?

Ok....so where we eatin and drinkin?

that chinese place?

The closest hotel nearest Massey Hall is the Bond Street Hotel - it's a bit of a dive, but it's right across the street from the Library Pub. There is a new Best Western at the corner of Jarvis and Dundas - much closer than the other hotels you guys were thinking about, and a lot better than the Bond Street Hotel. WHAT TIME IS EVERYONE GETTING TO TORONTO!!

I'm off until Monday night. I won't be able to check the Sanctuary until then. No computer at home. Call me this weekend Davey Boy. Preferably Friday around supper. We'll organise something for Wednesday. I'm going to a wedding ( no, not my own ) on Saturday.

Jomomma plays Wednesday after Oysterhead. We have to go to that show. It's free too -$2.50 drinks also! Very close to Swatow. By-the-by, Jomomma kicked last Wednesday. Jimmy Swift is coming back to T.O. on the 17th. I gotta work that night, although I'm starting to feel sick. I am going to catch the International Noise Conspiracy on the 11th. Great band. Fucking aggressive punk/mod. Great guitarist too. They're coming to Ottawa on the 13th - playing Babylon. Check 'em out. Only 10 bucks!! I'll give you a review of the show on the 11th. Talk to you later.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

I tell you what, if we can get a decision on where we should eat, within this thread, then I'll post a brand new thread announcing where it'll be and when, and everyone who wants to go can make a post like Brad's (you'll have to do it again brad). Then we'll give it till monday for a head count in that new thread, and Jaimoe can call and reserve.

Sound good?

Ok....so where we eatin and drinkin?

that chinese place?

Have any arrangements been made? I've got a friend coming in from Aurora for the concert, and have to set up where/when we're going to meet (I've got both our tickets), so the earlier I get the info the better.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived