Jambands.ca

DVD release

bouche

I wasn't sure what was happening with that. Garth mentioned to me that he had done an interview (fairly recently) with the makers of the DVD so I knew it would come out sometime. I hope it's not all Robbie and Marty talking about it. Levon's book Wheels On Fire really rips into the both of them for what he feels was basically a scheme to launch Robbie's solo career. He goes on about it at length. They really are (Robbie and Marty) putzes to be fair.... Like last minute Marty tells Levon that Muddy Waters will have to be cut from the program (or at least filming) and Levon goes off to the effect that if 'that little faggot Neil Diamond (whose album Robbie was producing) is going to be in it you can bet Muddy will'. So Marty filmed it but with only one of like six cameras, then at the end of Muddy's bit (I guess he had gotten word that Levon had gone to bat for him) he got up and went over to Levon and kissed him on the head which was one of the signal moments of Lee's career. None of which was caught on camera.

hey Jaimoe.

I'm already excited. I haven't seen Let it Be in over ten years. I used to have a copy of it on Beta! I had rented it from no other than "Diamond Video" on Beta, and taped it on my Beta vcr, which subsequently began to smoke and was the last Betamax I have ever seen.

I swear I had a copy on VHS one time too, but it has since disappeared.

Amazon claims that they will email me if it is ever going to come out on DVD.