Jambands.ca

BNB last night

aberg83

Wow, I'm awake already. Doesn't that suck!? Anyways, last night was a blast! My first, and last burt show unfortunately, but at least I get to see them once in my life. There were 4 tapers there last night, myself, J.P., Graham, and some other dude. Graham was able to score a soundboard patch, so him and I are going to mix his soundboard recording with my mic recording to get a top-quality release for everyone... look forward to this beauty in the upcoming weeks. I've listened to my mic recording a little bit, and it sounds nice... it alone would satisfy everyone probably, but getting a board copy is just incredible. I'm sure J.P. got an even better mic pull than me with his thousand dollar gear. Oh well, i'm going back to bed, last night was great... lookin' forward to upcoming ottawa shows... and more taping. Ciao!

I think I know what happened to Catphish-

just before we left here to go to Pubwells we were listening to YMSB and they do some song that contains the words,"We've got time for another Jagrmeister shot" or something like that.

Catphish turned to me and said,"I feel like having some Jagr tonight"

So it's now 2:00 and she's still in bed.

Wow, that was so much fun

It was nice to see the Ottawa crew out in force last night. Great turnout for the last BNB show in Ottawa. There seemed to be alot of new faces, I wonder how many people were from out of town and touring through with the band.

It was a bitter sweet show, realizing just how much fun I was having only served to make me feel the loss of this great band even deeper.

Did they start both sets with Lumber? I love that tune!!

It is not very often we can award the toaster before the show even starts.... but last night was one of those nights... Catfish!! You were messy... way to go! Honerable mention to the Whackamole.

So... that was part 1 of 3 of this weekend of amazing music.... with so many choices for tonights entertainment, I know I won't be seeing you all at the Bayou tonight. I hope everyone has fun whereever you party, safe travels to those on the BNB train.....I will see you all in Montreal for Herbie!!

Can anyone else still taste the garlic?

MMMMMMMMMM Garlic!!

Had you been outside, you might have seen a little same-sex on same-sex action there Davey-Boy,

eh GM? wink.gif" border="0

But yes, Sally pointed out to me all the kids that couldnt contain themselves. Must have been some sort of testament to the amount of love that BnB brought out in that room last night, or Dr Hood was prescribing ecky.......

That was all a blast. From the grilled beef tenderloin of Al's steakhouse to the garlic potatoes of a passed out guy (Treyter sampled 2 garlic potatoes from some passed out dude at the Shwarma king), it was a highly entertaining night.

Thanks Burt dudes, for that fantastic night of music, which I will never forget. It was obvious that the entire bar was under your spell.

I'd really like to see that 'videographer's' video of last night. It would be highly animated.

Thank you Burt Boys. Last night's show was great. One thing I have noticed with this band since I frst started seeing them is they have that uncanny ability in making 'this ones the best yet'

They took good control of a hostile and debauched crowd and made them either rock or sway. It was a night of madness and madcap behaviour. Catphish got the 'Toaster', so that alone should tell you what it was like. Waskamole started drinking at 3 and everyone else was wet and muddy.

I was in Kingston for them last Friday night and a third into last nights second set, I was floored realizing that this current one is even better. We are going to miss you Burt, wish our relationship had been longer.

(When you get a killer Waves second song in, you KNOW it is going to be a good night. Sorry I dont have a setlist, others on this board are better equiped for that)

I woke up around 2:00, still smiling and in the Burt trance. I got out of bed, and wouldn't you know it, my body was STILL dancing!

What a great show. Every time I opened my eyes, there was a smiling face. A bar filled with love and the grip of BNB.

I really, really wanted a Down with Disease though. It is going to take me a few days to come down from that show.

Thanks for the Burt.