Jambands.ca

Question of the day

MarcO

just 3 ?

tomatoes

mushrooms

feta

(but i'd also go for onions and anchovies definitely with that - xtra oregano and olives aswell, ya)

but i dont like meat on pizza much

although, in nepean, lorenzos makes a mexican pizza with real ground beef and nachochips - it's really good.

(i've said too much again, haven't i?)

I've hard some *scary* stories from my brother, who lives in Japan, about Japanese pizza toppings...tuna, artichokes, mayo, the list goes on and on. There used to be a take-out place near him named "Donkey Pizza". We were never sure if the 'za was a) made by donkeys, B) made for donkeys, or c) made *with* donkeys...

When I order 'za, I usually get two: one with pepperoni and mushrooms, and one with tomato and onion. If I know there are going to be leftovers for breakfast, I add hot peppers (cold 'za is enormously improved by hot peppers).

Aloha,

Brad

Friends of mine in Mississauga hold semi-occasional "garlic fest" parties: it's a pot-luck dinner where virtually *everything* has garlic in it. One time, one of the guests brought a take-out pizza, and proceeded to dump most of a jar of minced garlic on top of it. It was an outdoor barbecue party, and we actually managed to out-garlic the Polish neighbours next door who were having a keilbasa (sp?) barbecue.

At another one, I ended up in the kitchen crushing garlic for the garlic bread...I did about 40 cloves...I was staying at my parents' place, in the (small) second bedroom...I had left the door closed after I got home...the smell the next morning was described as "indescribable"...

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

Out-garlic Polish neighbours??? Now that is quite the bold statement.

As a proud Pole-Canadian, I find this statement quite surprising, as us Pollacks love the sight of fresh garlic. Hell, I used to eat fresh garlic with bread, butter, and salt when I was a kid. And it was awesome!

And it's spelled kielbasa, with a funny dash across the 'l' that I cannot type here...