Jambands.ca

Hall & Oates Live By Request

kung

I have been majorly pumped for weeks about tonights Live By Request on A & E (9:00-11:00). I am more psyched than I would be going to a great show- for real.

"Over the course of their illustrious career, Daryl Hall & John Oates' rich repertoire has garnered a total of eight No.1 hit singles including "Do It For Love", "Rich Girl", "Kiss on My List", "Maneater", "Private Eyes", "I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", "Out Of Touch," and "Method Of Modern Love," a total of sixteen "Top 10" hits including "Sara Smile," "She's Gone", "You Make My Dreams," "Say It Isn't So," and "Everything Your Heart Desires," "Adult Education"; and a total of twenty-six "Top 40" hits including "So Close," "Wait For Me," "Did It In a Minute" to name a few."

Hall & Oates

It'll be really interesting to find out how many tunes I actually know. From that list, I instantly recognize...

Rich Girl

Kiss on My List

Private Eyes

where is Jingle Bell Rock? They'd better be playing that one!

note: booche has officially turned geek by using xml syntax to provide comical wrappers to his dialog [Wink]

quote:

note: booche has officially turned geek by using xml syntax to provide comical wrappers to his dialog

Didnt I invent it?

And you are right Tungsten, thats a pic of him and the Mrs on any given Sunday.

I cant believe you can only think of 3 songs Mike,

"Gone gone gone, shes been gone gone gone, shes been gone gone gone so long"

I heard DrH has always been a fan of that Did It In A Minute title, or he plans on covering it, or sumphin.

You know, I am going to check this out. As I looked into their career, I saw these pics of an acoustic gig that would have been fun to watch.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Call me an idiot!

Beautiful.................

I have know idea why that was in my head. I saw the She's Gone title, and that is what I envisioned. I guess its better than thinking it went :

"She's gooone, she's gooooone, gooooone, and nothing's gonna bring her back"

Looks like I had better watch this special. Hopefully I wont look like such a moron next time.

I'm quite sure(I can't remember why I know this) that H & O paid their dues. I think they started off in the late 60's early 70's but had a really hard time getting a break. They really made it big in the 80's, as we all know.

I think it was Paul Young that they wrote that tune for.

Whoa here she comes, look out boys, she'll chew you up!!!!!! [Razz]

Bright eyed blue eyed Philly soul. I don't know a ton about session musicians but I'm pretty sure if you looked at the talent that's played on their records and all the other records they've been on it'd be immense.

I'm presuming everyone knows (and must hear) the Dead with Hall & Oates at MSG from I'm thinking 91, Amazon Rainforest benefit at which Suzanne Vega played as well.

1988, and I cant say I have ever heard it. I have always wanted to. Thats where my 'lil known fact' comes into play............I have heard the Iko, and Jerry sounded like he had the worst cold, or whatever, he was losing his voice in a big bad way.

If I had this show, I would send it to you Kung, just for the What's Going On [Wink]

(once again, which I havent heard)

09/24/88 (Sat) Madison Square Garden - New York City, NY

Set 1: Iko Iko, Feel Like A Stranger, West L.A. Fadeaway, Little Red Rooster, Box Of Rain, Ramble On Rose, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Don't Ease Me In

Set 2: Chinese Bones, Neighborhood Girls, Crazy Fingers, Women Are Smarter, Every Time You Go Away, What's Going On > Drums > Space > The Wheel > Throwing Stones > Not Fade Away, E: Good Lovin', Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Comment: Show was a Rain Forrest Benefit, Mick Taylor on West LA and Rooster, Suzanne Vega on Chinese Bones, Neighborhood Girls and Heavan's Door, Daryl Hall and John Oats on Every Time and What's Going On, Baba Olatunji & Michael Hinton on Drums, Hornsby on NFA, Jack Cassady on both encores

-

(I profusely apologize for seemingly turning this into a Dead thread. I had promised myself I would try to refrain from such activities in the future, but I couldnt help this one. Stay tooned!)

Wasn't taking a running setlist but I know they played something like:

Maneater

Sara Smile (with vocal breakdown and outro)

Rich Girl

Private Eyes

Every Time You Go Away

Do It For Love

Method Of Modern Love

Mrs. Jones and Me (bustout valley!!!!)

She's Gone

You Make My Dreams Come True

Out Of Touch

Forever For You

It's Laugh

No Can Do

What can I say I am mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally drained.

Wasn't taking a running setlist but I know they played something like:

Maneater

Sara Smile (with vocal breakdown and outro)

Rich Girl

Private Eyes

Every Time You Go Away

Do It For Love

Method Of Modern Love

Mrs. Jones and Me (bustout valley!!!!)

She's Gone

You Make My Dreams Come True

Out Of Touch

Forever For You

It's Laugh

No Can Do

What can I say I am mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally drained.

those were some damn classic 80's tunes from my youth- and no matter- it was some of the early stuff I did groove to!- hey-

two of my first tapes- the who the kids are alright and a roberta flack and pedro bryanson combo--

I was into a lot of stuff fast then but this was some of the very first stuff, my tastes blossomed from that though.

Archived