Jambands.ca

Dr. Huxtable at Babylon on Wednesday

bouche

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider, people: a certain amount of pacing may be needed this week. We'll need to build/warm up gradually tonight, reach a high plateau during DoY tomorrow, and then burst out explosively/skyward on Friday for Drums & Nero. Enjoy yourself, but make sure not to peak too early.

Think of this three-day stretch as a three-act concert: tonight's the opening act, tomorrow the middle band, and Friday the headliner. Just as with a real three-act show, you want to have enough left for the main event.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

I'm down.

Pre-show warm up at my place, two blocks from Babylon.

Pacing Bradm?

Today is already Woundsday, tomorrow will be Hurtsday with DOY at Dekcuf, and then D&T/Nero on Fryday. Shatterday will follow, and Sunday will remain Sunday because that's when I'll be lying in the sun.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

I'm down.

Pre-show warm up at my place, two blocks from Babylon.

Sounds like fun...but one question: do you have a couch yet? (And don't assume what answer I want to hear...)

(Also, what the exact coordinates [spatial and temporal] for the warm-up?)

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

Yes, I have a couch finally. I no longer live in the desolate and empty apartment that you (fondly) remember.

299 Somerset St. W. apt. 301

Show up whenever after 8:00

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

Today is already Woundsday, tomorrow will be Hurtsday with DOY at Dekcuf, and then D&T/Nero on Fryday. Shatterday will follow, and Sunday will remain Sunday because that's when I'll be lying in the sun.

The story "Shatterday" by Harlan Ellison (in the book of the same name; it was also made into an episode of the mid-80s "Twilight Zone", starring Bruce Willis) takes place over seven days:

1. Someday
  2. Moanday
  3. Duesday
  4. Woundsday
  5. Thornsday
  6. Freeday
  7. Shatterday

It almost fits this week...

Aloha,

Brad

quote:

Consider, people: a certain amount of pacing may be needed this week

ya. just like moe. down there Brad [Razz]

who's kidding who here...

...pace shmace.

I've already started my pace this week, actually last week....man that wedding was awesome, and the constant work and drinking since has been doing me wonders.

My theory on pacing oneself is this, if you start drinking DON'T STOP, for it is when you stop that you deteriorate. As long as you keep drinking, all should be fine. I also suggest the following to help with the program.

Breakfast - Baileys in thy coffee (Kalua is good as well).

Lunch - Move onto ceasars

Afternoon - Give into thy sugar cravings, try fruit juice and vodka.

Evening - Beer and BT's!

Party time!- Bust out thy shooters.

Remember to drink pleanty of water before bed, if you add a shot of Sourpuss it goes down well.

Repeat process until Sunday.

May the booze be with you. [Wink]

His Holiness Staples Baccus was in full form last night...

Let me just say that seeing this guy take care of bid'ness on the foozeball table left no doubt in my mind that he is the real-deal....a deity from above....you should've seen the mastery of the table, his uncanny ability to distract his opponents with his piety, it was truly a spiritual experience. [Eek!][Eek!][Eek!][Eek!]

Psalm 456...

Bacchus is the Greek god of wine and revelry. All he wants out of life is fine wine and a good time. And, oh yeah, the head of Joe Theseus, hero of ancient Greece. This last nugget he imparts to a cellmate while imprisoned for --what else-- drunk and disorderly behavior. Word gets back to Theseus that Bacchus wants him dead, and Joe sends out a hired goon to take the god out. The hit will take place at Bacchus's favorite watering hole. In a truly bizarre (and inspired) sequence, the hitman and his team are foiled by an enraged Bacchus and a horde of scantily-clad prostitutes (femmebots?) who barehandedly yank off the assailants' heads, Dom Perignon-style - POP! It's all hilariously, violently over-the-top, and entirely consistent with the Greek mythos from which it derives its inspiration.