Jambands.ca

Saturday Nights will never be the same

rubberdinghy

``All I'm going to say is I can't believe it and I really believe that they both will get back together,'' said Cherry. ``I didn't think it would get this far.'' Cherry said he is not yet wondering who will be his sidekick on the Coach's Corner segment.``No way,'' said Cherry. ``I'm thinking positive that Ron will be there.''

(Here's hoping its Martine Gallaird [Razz] )

Guest Low Roller

Does it really matter?

Imagine Coach's Corner: while Don Cherry is praising Dougie for something, Tom Greene is rampaging in the background with a chainsaw, with two loafs of bread taped to his head, shouting incoherently about "Rosebud".

Sounds like quality TV to me!

Not a bad suggestion Low Roller, but McLean is the man.

He brings as much to hockey and CBC sports as most players do and for a fraction of the salary. I was actually surprised to hear that after 17 years, he was only making $500,000 a year. He works so damn hard and is good at what he does. I understand he was just asking for an additional $75,000 and was refused. I realize that the CBC is publicly funded but it's a slap in the face to refuse his wage increase. He is worth it IMO. Perhaps a hockey player or two could donate 1% of their salary to keep Ron on board. Isn't $75K pocket change to them?

Ah fuck it, you know what? No Cujo...no Ron McLean...no hockey for me this year. [Frown]

Yeah, it's too bad about Ron, but when it comes right down to it he's a sports announcer who was already making $400K a year. Peter Mansbridge, our countries face only makes that much money and despite many offers for millions from American networks, he has decided to stay here. When you decide to work for the CBC, you have to realize that you'll never make the millions. Hell, isn't $400K enough?

It's sad to think that $500,000 Cdn is too much to pay Ron McLean a year when each of the stars of Friends makes $1,000,000 US per episode...

But cheer up hockey fans, the NHL is back on TSN! Just look at their schedule for week 1:

Wednesday, October 9 Dallas Stars @ Colorado Avalanche

Wednesday, October 9 Phoenix Coyotes @ Los Angeles Kings

Thursday, October 10 Detroit Red Wings @ San Jose Sharks

Friday, October 11 Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers

Let the obstruction crackdown begin [Wink]

Saturday nights won't be the same at all!! Its quite sad to know that Ron won't be around (hopefully they can still work it out). I always felt Ron was a good Canadian boy that was really into what he was about, Canada and hockey. After moving to the U.S for more than a decade and then returning to Calgary, HNIC was the first thing I identified with. Ron and Don made/make a great duo and hope it all works out in the end.

Go team Alberta!!

Go Habs!

Go 'Nucks!

Go to Hell, Leafs [Wink]

Go try and play some exciting hockey for a change, Sens [Razz]