Jambands.ca

New Phish studio album in Dec. ?

NewRider

Someone at the Zone last night told me that people who had purchased these new Live Phish releases got a small sticker that claimed there was a new studio Phish album being released in early December.

I also read at allstar.com that an Elektra spokesperson said that the band went into rehersals and wound up recording 20 new songs in 3 days. They also said the new songs sound more like the band's "earlier" material.

Anyone else hear about this?

Yeah, today's PhishNet Digest had this:

Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:10:45 -0400

Subject: Phish's new album, Round Room

Just a neat bit of info...

A sticker was added to the next batch of LIVEPHISH releases (in stores Tuesday) with the following:

The new Phish Studio album ROUND ROOM will be in stores December 10th.

Rockin!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!

What started as rehearsals for the upcoming and hotly anticipated Phish New Year's Run quickly progressed into a full-blown recording session, the results of which are distilled onto a new studio release, Round Room. Recorded in four days in October by producer Bryce Goggin, the album ripples with raw, vital energy and features a healthy dose of the band's trademark improvisational style. In total, the album's twelve tracks clock in at over seventy minutes.

1. Pebbles and Marbles

2. Anything but Me

3. Round Room

4. Mexican Cousin

5. Friday

6. Seven Below

7. Mock Song

8. 46 Days

9. All of These Dreams

10. Walls of the Cave

11. Thunderhead

12. Waves

PREORDER CONTEST

Everyone who preorders Round Room is automatically entered into our preorder contest. The Grand Prize is two tickets to one of the upcoming Hampton shows, plus a copy of the limited edition poster "Udder Ball" from New Year's Eve 97/98. Three runners up will each receive two tickets to one of the upcoming Hampton shows. No purchase necessary - see contest rules for more information.

From jambands.com

Phish also plans to tour heavily in 2003. Look for a string of national dates beginning in mid-February to be announced in the coming weeks.

One of the many 1000's of Phish rumours floating around includes:

March 13th, 2003- RBC Center, Raleigh, NC

March 15-16, 2003- Hampton Coliseum, Hampton, VA

March 18, 2003- Continental Airlines Arena, East Rutherford, NJ

March 19-20, 2003- Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY

March 22-24, 2003- First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA

March 26, 2003- Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI

March 27, 2003- Gund Arena, Cleveland, OH

March 28, 2003- Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN

March 30-31, 2003- Allstate Arena, Rosemont, IL

April 2, 2003- Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO

April 3, 2003- Rose Garden, Portland, OR

April 4, 2003- Delta Center, Salt Lake City, UT

April 6, 2003- Compaq Center, San Jose, CA

April 8-9, 2003- STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA

April 11, 2003- America West Arena, Phoenix, AZ

April 13-15, 2003- Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, NV

Well, as has already been pointed out on other boards, don't expect to see a tour that is routed to go straight from Missouri to Oregon.

What we do know at this point is that in mid-February a "national" tour will commence, with deatils to be announced in the coming weeks (I, for one, would be very surprised to see any Canadian dates in there). And that Phish plan to hit the road several times in 2003, performing a large number of shows when all is said and done.

I was hoping someone would notice that:

April 2, 2003- Kemper Arena, Kansas City, MO

April 3, 2003- Rose Garden, Portland, OR

A tad of a stretch, wouldnt ya say?

I just cant believe how much the rumour mill is filling up. In a way, a part of the reason I made my post was to show how crazy it can get (although, this once isnt too bad). I have a hard time emjoying them anymore. I used to loooove rumours, but I cant seem to wrap my head around them (as much as I used to, that is) anymore. The hiatus seems to have curtailed my appetite.

Unless they are good and juicey [Eek!]

Ya got any good ones [Wink]

Me, I'd like to see a Hamilton -> Toronto -> Ottawa -> Montreal (and maybe -> Quebec City) run. I can understand why they might be reluctant to tour Canada, given the number of U.S. fans who won't cross the border, but if the run were long enough, it might encourage them to come over.

Aloha,

Brad

Hell, in 1999 they "only" drew ~4000 ppl to their New Mexico gig, and ~6000 to their Tucson gig. On the same tour, Vancouver drew 8000+.

We could beat that up here! On the same 1999 tour, Vancouver drew 8000+.

And let's not forget London has the brand spankin new John Labatt Centre!!

Copps Coliseum, Saturday night! They can save Toronto for the Summer, let's see a London > Hamilton > Ottawa > Montreal run, pleeeze!

I actually wrote a letter to Phish a few years ago, just before the hiatus was announced, suggesting that Copps would be a great place for them to play. I even got a post card reply saying something basic like "Thanks for the suggestion" ... I was impressed that I even got a reply!!!

I've been a fan of Copps ever since the Dead played that stellar March 22, 1990 show at Copps ... the only one of the four Dead shows in Hamilton that I managed to get to, but man was it sweet!!!

Peace, Mark