Bonnaroo DVD

Jason

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm.....The Last Walz CyberHippie?

View from the Vault(s)???

I love watching these sort of DVD shows. I think if you have a good enough sound system, a big enough screen (thanks Dr. H), and some sweet cheeba they can really take you there.

I enjoy the concert-style ones over the documentry-style ones like Bittersweet Motel. It was okay, but I wish they had more concert footage. Afterall, I like Phish for their music, not necessarily for their personalities.

quote:

Originally posted by Jason:

That may be an online price. HMV has it for less on line but if you buy it in the store it is more.

What does Future Shop charge for shipping?

You can pick it up in any Future Shop for that price - at least according to PassedOutGuy. I plan to pick mine up today or tomorrow.

P.S. If you order over $39 worth of DVDs/CDs then shipping from Future Shop (as well as Amazon.ca and Chapters/Indigo) is FREE.

Definitely one of the better segments...the start doing a little Tennessee Jed and then into Sug. The best is when Bobby starts this crazy leg kicking and Phil is just laughing it up. How about an Ottawa viewing party? Anyone interested. I've got the DVD, but I've only got a laptop to view it on...so if anyones got a good setup, we should hook it up.

Well, my being the whore for marketing that I am, I went to the Future Shop and purchased this DVD for 26.99$

As far as I see, that is the best price one could expect for the line-up of musicians included on TWO dvd's!

We have Colonel Les going right now, which is at the start.

"You are a fine looking group of folks. I mean that."

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

Phunky, how was the Phil/Bobby segment..??

Well, as we all know, that Tennessee Jed was the first from Phil and Friends (well, I think it was....)

Anywho, its the tail end and Buddy singing split-screen is HILARIOUS! The kinda guy you dont want beside during a show.

Great ending.

Then, Sugar Magnolia. Well, it is certainly Sugar Magnolia as we like to think of it. Sugar Fun. [big Grin]

There is a GREAT scene of an out of focus Bobby vs an in-focus unknown-by-me-dude singing "waits backstage while I sing to you"

Perfectly executed on all accounts.

This is when I first realized Jimmy Herring is the lead guitar for the Other Ones. Thank you Phil. Eyes closed, listening for the moments....

Jeff C and Rob B work together on this as well, thank grash. Neither seems to step on each other one's toes. MOLO IS THE MAN!

Thats all I gotta say about that. 2 drummers bar one!

DrH, since you and I have such similar tastes, wait til you see the Sunshine Daydream Second Section, that's a "walk in the park"

Its so great this was all a first-timer. The Other One's tour is going to kick......

By the way, Phil and Bobby look old. This aint no View From The Vault.

Well, they look old, buy play young.

[big Grin]