Jambands.ca

Austin City Limits

PassedOutGuy

last night for us it was a 1988 performance by leonard cohen. did anyone see that one? he had what i thought was a mandolin player that soloed like you wouldn't believe. but i think it was actually a lute. regardless, it was amazing.

Austin City Limits~

ACL TV Schedule~

And this is from the same site...

Q : "Are video tapes, CDs or audio cassettes available" ?

A : Unfortunately, due to agreements with the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) and the American Federation of Musicians, KLRU (producer of Austin City Limits) cannot release tapes of most of the performances on the series.

There are a few exceptions listed below. All of these videos, DVDs and others are available when you Become a memeber at KLRU

Give'r

[Cool]

I love this show!!!

Last night it was Bonnie Raitt with John Prine

what a voice on that woman [big Grin]

My fave ACL to date would have to be a Bill Monroe show I saw a few years ago...

Anyone catch SCI or Phish on there? (I think they have both made appearances, but i'm no fountain of knowledge)

Anyone else dig it as much as I?

Who was your fave?

quote:

Originally posted by reba:

last night for us it was a 1988 performance by leonard cohen. did anyone see that one?

I saw Leonard Cohen's 1988 show live!!!!

I saw him as he toured through Ottawa in July 1988, he played the NAC. Wow, I am (and have always been) such a huge Cohen fan so that was a lifetime highlight for me. I grew up listenning to Cohen and reading his many poetry books (thanks to my mom), so seeing him live (I was in the second row!!!) was the icing on the cake!

Archived