Jambands.ca

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones ... roll call

mark tonin

This show is less than a week away, and I'm getting pretty excited by it. I've seen this band 5 times, and am always blown away by the fantastic musicianship. On top of the stellar music, it's always a fun show ... I thoroughly enjoy the witty stage antics of the 4 musicians. And what can I say about Victor Wooten except "wowzie wowzie wow wow"!

So who else is going?

Bravo to Brian Carson for bringing a show of this caliber to Hamilton!

Peace, Mark

I am so jealous, you guys! Bela is one of my favorite musicians of all time, I even bought a banjo and tried to learn it (to little avail).

I am out on the left coast these days, so the Hammer is a bit of a drive for me to make it tonight. But you guys are all guaranteed to have a great time. As a bassist myself, Vic W. is more than a hero or an inspiration, he is a God. And the composition and wit is just so brilliant!

The one time I saw Bela, I will always remember as one of the best shows I have ever seen. ENJOY IT guys!! Lucky you! :D

Well, with last weekend and this weekend shaping up to be pretty expensive nights, Prince tickets, plus with the Shaker sneaking up on me, it looks like the only way I'll be at Bela Fleck is if someone can do a trade for a ticket (get ahold of me), win the contest, or get guestlisted... Boo, I really wanted to see him. I never have, but I've been into him since my old Lakehead days (96/97). Maybe next time, have fun, I'll be celebrating 4-20 in my own way... ;)

From The Hamilton Spectator

Saturday April 17

Entertainment Reporter: Graham Rockingham

"When the Flecktones come on stage at Hamilton's Club 77 Tuesday night, it'll mark a rare club appearance for the band. They're looking forward to it. "We have a lot of fun at those gigs," Fleck said. "It tends to make us even more loose. Things have a tendency to stretch out and get wilder in that setting than in the concert hall.""

::