Jambands.ca

This sounds like a *crazy* party!

CyberHippie

Thought ya'll might be interested...

-------------------------------------------

Saturday May 8 2004, Leisure Suit presents

SPELLBOUND

Lose your urban headspace, lose your pre-conceptions and lose your shit at this boreal-inspired bash fusing hard blips and deep house with bacchanalian breaks and dionysian debauch. Bassnectar's big bad basslines, King Sunshine's hypnotic smooth garage sound and Telefunk's hard-edged tekstured odysseys are sure to have you capering amidst the trees like a mad fairy freak. Come groove with us to Gaia's ancient heartbeat.

LORIN BASSNECTAR - San Francisco

Deep, hypnotic freak-hop, mashed-up breaks, massive basslines, all rolled up into a quivering sonic spliff... strictly for bass nymphos. Has formed a side project called Elastic Mystic with Michael Kang of String Cheese Incident.

KING SUNSHINE - Toronto

11 piece live house, deep funk, sweet soul, latin, jazz, and rare groove. Lushly textured, groove-heavy, aphrodisiac perfect for after-hours grooving.

TELEFUNK SOUND SYSTEM - Toronto

Live PA Jamming

OMFestival

Blurts of noise, anti-grooves and minimal melodies fused with drum & bass and sexy beats, Telefunk exaggerates the possibilities of Live PA jamming to countless and dissimilar ends. Featured in the June jambands.com

ROLLIN CASH - Toronto

Breaks

Sounds sliced and diced, with steep buildups,

rough crescendos, quick drops, drum rolls with a heavy dose of scratch.

LEELEE MISHI - Toronto

Deep Jazzy House

DAVE DUB

Live PA Breaks

Out on vinyl since '96, scored soundtrack for dutch movie, toured Europe Canada and the US, owns his only globally distributed breaks label. Rare live PA show.

THE PHAT CONDUCTOR - Toronto

Breaks

2 records coming out in the next two months on 2wars and WOMP, played ministry of sound radio, former host of torontobreaks radio

SIREN - Toronto

Downtempo

Sumkidz, OMFestival

All things chilled-out, including relaxed rhythms, heavy bass, and smoothed-out melodies.

PROJECT3MEDIA

Art Installation

OUTPOST42

Environment

LAB PROJECT

Environment

GLOVES OFF DESIGN

Set Design

OLI GOLDSMITH

Live video mixing

2 rooms | non-smoking | psychedelic forest environment | poi spinners and hula creatures | interactive installations | yoga workshop | costumes encouraged |

129 Spadina Ave.

Toronto . Ontario . Canada

DOORS OPEN AT 8 PM (19+)

Tickets available @ Soundscapes, 2TheBeat, FlavourHall, Shanti Baba, and PlayDeRecord |$10 for the first 100 | $20 advance |

Portion of proceeds go to The Wilderness Committee , protectors of the Canada's endangered boreal forest.

• 3 weeks later...

This party *should* be crazy.

I work for the Wilderness Committee (the charity that is getting part of the proceeds to help the boreal forest), and I'll be working at our table there all night. If anyone's coming, come say hi to me. It's gonna be cool, the table will be in a chill out area with pictures of boreal forest all around and comfy couches and stuff.

And there's also a yoga workshop that starts at 8, so come early if you want to join in.

Oh, and costumes are encouraged. Yay for costumes. And yay for the non-smokingness of this event.

As crazy as this story I read on PT?

This story is too long and detailed to tell every detail of, but it happened after a Dead show at RFK in 94. I'd been eating a lot of acid over a one month period and something happened that night and I just went off the deep end.

A guy dosed me with two hits that just said "Bunk" on the paper and I went off like never before. I tripped all night, convinced I was telepathically communicating with the band. This spiraled into a conspiracy theory involving the government and DC and Dead tour.

I ended up getting in a van with a guy who was vending and was heading to Deer Creek, leaving my car and my buddy behind (without telling him). When my weird behavior finally freaked this guy out enough the next morning, he kicked me out the van somewhere in Western Maryland in the middle of nowhere. I'm not hallucinating at this point, just lost in some kind of psychotic state. I ended up wandering around town, jumped in a boxcar of a train for a while and finally ended up taking all my clothes off and crossing a main street in this little town buck naked. Someone spotted me as I was crossing the street and called the cops. I was arrested for indecent exposure, spent a (weird) night in jail and then had to be picked up by my parents. Needless to say, I didn't take any acid for a LONG time after that.

the group I work with is invovled with creating an awareness raising kiosk of info for the evening- so far none of the parties we've had a hand in have been anything but great fun.

this headlining DJ- Bassnector sounds super cool.

I recommend heading out too- location is right at Queen and Spadina or there abouts!

Hey everyone... due to unforseen weather circumstances, SPELLBOUND has been moved to SPIN GALLERY at 1100 Queen W.

If you show up at the orginal venue, there should be people there to direct you to, and probably even shuttle you to the new venue.

Anyone planning on coming? I'll be there :).

EVOLVE just did a pre-party with Bassnectar last night in Halifax... from all reports it was funky insanity..

i'll be there tonight.... It's a fairy party, so if you plan to go dress up... :)

KING SUNSHINE are deadly... 10 piece electronic band complete with 2-3 horns, percussion, bass, drums, geetar and 2-3 singers.

JUST ANNOUCED

LORIN BASSNECTAR - San Francisco

HEADLINER DJ FOR EVOLVE Music and Awareness Festial

Deep, hypnotic freak-hop, mashed-up breaks, massive basslines, all rolled up into a quivering sonic spliff... strictly for bass nymphos.

Lorin Bassnectar plays with Spearhead sometimes and jams with Michael Kang (SCI). He is the rock-star of DJs.. he's totally into the tunes, dancin', freakin' out.. it was quite a show, his set the highlight... the venue was a Art Studio, and what a time.. it was so much fun... and a sea of freaky kids that looked like fairies. I had a blast. Best Electronic show I've seen in a long time. He is known for playing Shambala and Burning Man Festivals. His CD has a whole bunch of Noam Chomsky spoken word. it's wicked