Max Creek

Michael Franti & Spearhead

Particle

Reid Genauer and the Assembly of Dust

Strangefolk

Susan Tedeschi

Warren Haynes Solo Acoustic

Zen Tricksters

I thought Deep Banana called it quits? Glad to see they're still playing, a couple of my buddies really dig em but I still haven't had the chance to check it out...

I think I saw Fuzz with everyone orchestra... but I think I saw a lot of things that night...

AFAIK Deep Banana Blackout haven't split, but they are on indefinite hiatus. Maybe they are coming out of it for this show? I have far too few DBB shows, although I also have them jamming with Gov't Mule on my 7 CD Afro Blue comp and it is way cool wicked awesome.

Damn, I wish I had the cash to go to this, among other things I could add 4 more to my favorite guitar players list that I have gotten to see live (Warren Haynes, Dickey Betts, Derek Trucks & Jorma Kaukonnen). If anyone is going, among the other delights available make sure you see James Brown (even if you don't like the man himself, his band is *super-deadly*) and the Holmes Brothers.

Cheers,

Rob Not Bob

7 CD Afro Blue comp

I have the eigth one as well, in case you are looking.

I havent even gotten through them all yet, but DAMN what I have heard is good.

Weird, I would have bet dollars to donuts no one else had those from this board. How did you come across yours?

Anyhoo, GOTV is going to kick some serious ass.

quote:

Originally posted by Booche:

7 CD Afro Blue comp

I have the eigth one as well, in case you are looking.

I havent even gotten through them all yet, but DAMN what I have heard is good.

Weird, I would have bet dollars to donuts no one else had those from this board. How did you come across yours?

Anyhoo, GOTV is going to kick some serious ass.

I didn't know there was an 8th one, what is on it? My series ends with a John Coltrane performance of it in Copenhagen, IMSMR. I got mine in a B&P from the Gov't Mule e-mail list.

Rob Not Bob

GOTV info for those thinking of going...

Terrapin Presents will be sending directions to Gathering of the Vibes 2003 with your ticket orders. The Vibes will take place at Indian Lookout Country Club, Mariaville, New York, 25 miles northwest of Albany.

Directions will not be posted on this page!

If you purchase tickets for friends who are not traveling with you to the show, PLEASE make sure you photocopy the directions that are sent to you with your tickets and pass them on!!

You must have your own ticket, in hand, to enter the venue. Please do not make plans to meet your friends outside the show to give them their ticket! There is no parking lot, box office or any other landmarks outside of the gates. Please - either send your friends their tickets via mail or make plans to meet your friends way in advance of the festival.

Out of respect to the many neighbors in & around the town of Duanesburg, where Gathering of the Vibes will be held, please use only the directions that are mailed with your tickets. Even if you are familiar with the area and know of easier, faster ways to maneuver, please refrain! The directions that we are passing along are the agreed upon route that has been approved by the local traffic commissions and planning boards and they should be adhered to. Please remember to respect the community that has invited us to share their space!

Thanks for your cooperation!

quote:

I didn't know there was an 8th one, what is on it? My series ends with a John Coltrane performance of it in Copenhagen, IMSMR. I got mine in a B&P from the Gov't Mule e-mail list.

You need to come over, and help me figure out what I have. NO track listings, but I have 8 of them.

I know that the one that is labelled 2 has a killer acoustic version, with a guest.

I got mine from the philzone trading companions.

I tried to talk a drunken BGH into learning that tune, but Paul/Bouche/McCartney shot me down, before listening to what I had to say, or even hearing the song [Wink]

Archived